Omega 166.002

Hello 

as described before i am tinkering with automatic watches and some times  I collect parts together  and make a Franken watch because it's a fun thing to do and I like wearing them by the fact that it is me who made it work again

Let me point  out that I never sell the watches that I make from different parts even though it is original parts I only do this because it's fun. 

I have got my hands on an omega body 166.002 with the Crystal and it's original shape as I know the Omega body  with this reference number is with a 565 movement and is born with either the Seamaster writing on the dial or Geneve correct me if I am wrong. 

To this case I have got my hands on a beautiful movement and a dial with the Geneve printing on but as I see it to align the crown stem on the movement with the case I need to assemble it with The dial between the case and the Crystal?  Is this right? so far of my knowledge this is not right do have to track down the right dial which is mounted all throug the back of the case. 

But as I see it in the Crystal steel ring there is a milled recess what is this meant for? is this for mounting the dial into this 

pictures are on their way!!

Best regards

Nope. I now what you mean. But don't think that the recess is for mounting the dial into. The movement and dial is put in from the back. The crystal ring is for keeping the crystal in place. The dial has to have the same size as the 166.002 dial to fit properly. Maybe even the same shape. 

Edited by rogart63
  • Like 1