Janta / Pearl Watch Cleaning Machine

Hello Everyone

I have been looking for a watch cleaning machine here in the U.S. and i am not finding any used Elma machines

but i did run across the Janta Machine. It is a seller in New York who sells them, i talked to him over the phone and he said that they perform very well and he has sold a lot of them. He is getting some more in Stock in about 10-14 days

I was just wondering if anyone here in the US has used them, and will they perform well in the long run?

i would probably use it once a week, for i don't have that many cleanings right now.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Here is a link to the seller in the US

http://www.tuxedonyc.com/files/TX268.html

thanks for taking the time to read this

p.s. This seller has it marked for $449.99 + Shipping

which is much lower than the ebay prices that i have seen

~Omar

Edited by OmarHaltam

I think our Lawson (check out the walkthrough section) has one and he even posted some pictures of it in his Seiko 7S26 walkthrough. I believe he talks favorable about them.

My own opinion is that you should look up PEARL which is the direct distributor from India...Also, they offer it for half the price you were quoted...If I'm not mistaken.

http://www.sunrise-exports.com/watchtools/equipments_machinery.html

http://www.shafatools.com/products.php

Hello Everyone

I have been looking for a watch cleaning machine here in the U.S. and i am not finding any used Elma machines

but i did run across the Janta Machine. It is a seller in New York who sells them, i talked to him over the phone and he said that they perform very well and he has sold a lot of them. He is getting some more in Stock in about 10-14 days

I was just wondering if anyone here in the US has used them, and will they perform well in the long run?

i would probably use it once a week, for i don't have that many cleanings right now.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Here is a link to the seller in the US

http://www.tuxedonyc.com/files/TX268.html

thanks for taking the time to read this

p.s. This seller has it marked for $449.99 + Shipping

which is much lower than the ebay prices that i have seen

~Omar

It looks very much like an Elma (which I think Mark uses). I purchased & had re-furbished an L&R a couple of years ago & could not do without it now.

In my opinion if you can afford it and have the room go for it.

According to Elma the Pearl Janta is a rip-off, there was no licenced replica from India. I just got my Elma Standard from 1971 today. Searched for it for almost a year, but it is worth to wait, as this was now a bargain.

Edited by Cougarnaut

so could I have two beakers or jars with lids, fill them with watch cleaning solution and stick them in my Elma ultrasonic for cleaning.

I use a plastic tray for large parts and a mesh "thimble" for small ones.

P1292185.JPG

Quick and and easy.

I like the way you marked the different sections  :)

I am thinking of trying the ultrasonic cleaning method since i have one on my desk running all the time.

I am going to order the bergeon 16mm and 23mm baskets and try that method.

i like the white tray in the picture, is that from a jewelry cleaner basket or bought separate?

thanks

i like the white tray in the picture, is that from a jewelry cleaner basket or bought separate?

Yes, cheapie from Cousins. Parts removed which are large enough go straight into it, and back.

I think that good watchmaking is more like practicality and efficiency than a parade of tools and equipment.