Omega dial

antonyh

Well i could`nt resist it another Omega that needs to be done up, i won`t go into it all.

The picures are not the best, but anyway dial as it arrived,

dial after i cleaned it up just to see what it looked like, with another set of tempary hands, awfull i know.

i had polished the case up, to give it a bit of a shine, i was going to get someone to restore the dial, but prices have sky rocketed

the last few years.

so in a drunked state last night i thought i`d have a go.

omegabefore.jpg

Beforedial1.thumb.jpg.703f256319286f12dfc0f588ad45aeb0.jpg

Bluedial.jpg

Edited by antonyh
pictures wrong order
  • Like 2

Hey, that's not bad, pictures a little unclear and I'm not certain what that dial was suppossed to look like, but I'd say I've deffinately seen worse dial jobs. what were your methods/paints? Did you remove the batons and logo or cover them somehow? 

Well firsty, don`t do it after you`ve been drinking.

The hardest thing i had to get over was finding a spray paint with a fine spray of paint, i tried loads before i found one.

I just kept cleaning the dial, with thinners then i used a a brush to finish it.

i did not remove the batons, i just gave it a couple of passes with the can.

after an hour before the paint had fully hardened i just simply removed the paint from the batons.

Its not purfect but it makes it a bit more wareable than before, and its i know its supposed to have a black dial with delphine hands,,,,,,,,,,, one day..

• Like 1

Well It seems like you could always go back and re do it if you wanted to, the dial as it was looked pretty aweful in my opinion, though i wouldn't be surprised if someone disagreed with me I think most of us would agree that it had gone well past a 'patina'. 

Edited by Ishima

Well i`ve done what i set out to do, i`ve changed the hands to something a bit more inkeeping ,i`ve filled in the end of the battons

with luminious paint as it should be , and i`m going to where it, ive since changed the seconds hand for a chrome one to match.

In the old days i would have had it restored, it its not worth the £200 + V Soni wanted last time i asked the to do a dial for me.

omegabluedial.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Dial looks a bit stark, probably the lack of minute markers doesn't help.

I would experiment and try to have a cross hair to break up the dial. Either use a sharpie, or even scribe the croshairs into the dial back to the metal with a sharp blade.

My 2cents.

Anilv

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.