Who are they trying to kid.

oldhippy

The only genuine thing here is the dial and case. The movement certainly is not, it is a replacement, the platform does not fit the movement and the cylinder balance and regulator are missing. Read the write up they are trying to cover themselves, in order for you to part with your cash. The correct movement for this would be a pocket watch verge movement.    

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-PLANCHON-PALAIS-ROYAL-CARRIAGE-CLOCK-CIRCA-1892-/192210937776?hash=item2cc0aa27b0:g:72MAAOSwdGFY3uDY

• 4 weeks later...

Searching on line, I came across this site and realized you were discussing the RARE PLANCHON PALAIS ROYAL CARRIAGE CLOCK  which I have listed on eBay.

It appears by your comments about my listing that one is presumed guilty until proven innocent.

You should have taken a moment to look at my feedback and read comments of my Buyers. In over 3000 feedbacks since 2002, I have never had a negative one.

In my listing, I tried to share my observations about the clock which I know little. I am unsure what I stated that gave you the impression I was attempting to deceive others would not have included the photos which I had. Thus, by seeing them, you were able to share the information you did as to the clocks faults.

Would it have been so difficult for you to contact me and make me aware of my mistakes instead of implying I was trying to dupe people.

I would like to hear your response and would also appreciate you sharing your knowledge so I can correct my listing.

• Like 1

What you put up is entirely up to you. This is a forum for people who are just learning about manly watches and how to repair them along with people with years’ experience in watch repairs. There is a small section for clocks. I have around 30 years’ experience in watch and clock making, my field is manly clocks those of high quality and I also became an adviser to a very reputable Antique dealer who decided to deal in clocks. Here on this forum I merely pointed out what is wrong with the clock and what you should look for.

If you did not know what you were trying to sell, don’t you think you should have got professional advice before jumping the gun? I noticed it did not sell. This could also be down to people knowing something is wrong in the description. 

Thank you for your reply. The information you provided was helpful to me in revising my listing.

Regarding your suggestion of seeking professional advice, how would one know to do that if one didn’t know what they didn’t know?

Hi Tom,

We see a lot of dodgy stuff on ebay and while you have done the right thing and made things good, unfortunately you are one of the 0.0001% who do. I speak from experience as I have found similar discrepancies and have pretty much zero response, even from sellers whom I've bought stuff before and have communicated via ebay messages. Now if its an outright fake I just report to ebay but this does not work as well!

I strongly believe when buying on ebay the buyer should exercise caution and investigate what they are buying, especially if the item has a buy it now of USD1500.

Forums like these serve to educate and share knowledge, pure and simple. I have learned a lot here and the combined knowledge of members here is a valid resource which open to all.

Having gone thru your item listing, I am not comfortable with your statement on feedback.

FEEDBACK will be left after I have received yours. I have found this necessary since Buyers did not always reciprocate after I had left them feedback.

I strive to earn 100% positive buyer feedback by providing excellent customer service.

If there is any problem with your order and you feel you are not able to give me Five Stars, please contact me before leaving feedback. Thank you. 

My personal opinion is that once payment is made that should be sufficient to leave a feedback, similarly the buyer would only leave a feedback once the item has been received and found to be as described, better or worse. My experience is that most sellers give feedback once I have won the item, I don't really check as I don't really give a rat's @sss about my feedback 'score'. However a statement like yours would definitely put me off from bidding as it shows your arrogance as a seller. Again I stress, this is my opinion.

Anilv

Edited by anilv

Having gone thru your item listing, I am not comfortable with your statement on feedback.

FEEDBACK will be left after I have received yours.

My personal opinion is that once payment is made that should be sufficient to leave a feedback, similarly the buyer would only leave a feedback once the item has been received and found to be as described, better or worse. My experience is that most sellers give feedback once I have won the item, I don't really check as I don't really give a rat's @sss about my feedback 'score'. However a statement like yours would definitely put me off from bidding as it shows your arrogance as a seller. Again I stress, this is my opinion.

Anilv

Good that you state your is an opinion, because I don't see any "arrogance" in that, rather a fair statement of dignity.

Feedback should be left only after the transaction has been concluded satisfactorily, under all aspects, for a seller it does not end with payment received. Try handling a claim for item not as described, motivated by buyer's remorse or straight fraud... after 5 months and positive feedback left.

Unfortunately Ebay sellers are routinely penalized by dishonest buyers abusing unfair rules, so I find that is just right to stand proud of one's reputation, paid to the tune of hundreds or thousands in fees. And my take is not to sell on Ebay at all.

Beside, the matter at hand is the description of a certain item, for which, as you said, the seller has made good already. He should be given credit for that, including by the OP, not receive undue scrutiny on his declared policies.

• Like 1