• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Does anyone know if the Agat Stop Watches, that are for sale on sites like ebay, are authentic to the USSR or are they only made to look that they are? Thankyou
    • Out of curiosity where exactly or what school was the Swiss trained watchmaker trained at? Then I'm attaching a PDF with lubrication recommendations. The your choice of lubrication's is interesting? 9010 the universal balance escapement oil but what about the gear train? You'll notice in the Omega recommendation attached file usually they recommend something lighter for the gear train 10001300 is a bit heavy.   It's really best if you would visually put the watch in beat versus wildly moving the beat corrector all over the place because it's so easy to go past where you need to be. Then if you go far enough on your machine which isn't that far it's not going to give you Incorrect results as there's a rollover air for the Graphical display and if you go far enough even the numbers so you need to be reasonably close. Then congratulations your learning? Yes you're frustrated but if I interpret correctly each watch you service is worse than when you started and you grasp that. This is why I recommended new people starting with a new watch verify the you can taken apart clean and lubricated etc. put it back and it should still function. So many times beginners start with broken watches and can't figure out why they can't fix them even with the help of the group failing to grasp the problem isn't entirely the watch a lot of times it's the watchmaker's problem. So you grasp where the problem is you're not doing something right congratulations that's an important step.     8645_WI_40_rules for lubrication cousins uk.pdf
    • That's a beauty real quality.
    • Hi  There are some which come up on Ebay  that are like a small chisel like punch on a small chisel anvil for pinching the cannon.  I have managed it with a pair of top cutters that are blunt but its too easy to over do it. If you have a staking tool you could use that with the appropriate stake and punch.
    • Just got this one. Great condition. 1942, Gold Splashed movement because of WW2. 21J Railroad grade and running strong. Thing of beauty.     Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro