Amateur collector r}watch thinkerer from Colombia

Hi Guys, good day, i am David Cybulkiewicz from Colombia, S.A. I sateted to collect and damage watches a while ago, and a coule of months ago started after a lapse to pick up my watches fix them clean them and putting them in order. thnaks for the talk page regards

david

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By PaulnKC
      Greetings All,
      Hope that all are doing well - in this crazy COVID world.
      I recently acquired a 1958 Rolex Ref. 6569 with a Cal. 1030 movement. All-in-all very nice and clean for her age - and runs very well.
      The winding pinion and clutch wheel had worn each other out - so I found NOS Rolex parts and replaced those. I though the watch deserved the new parts.
      It appeared to have been serviced in the last 10 years - because everything looked clean and the oil looked good (and present).
      Since the watch seemed to be running well and in good health (other than the winding pinion and clutch wheel) - I didn't do a complete service. I didn't think it was worth the risk.
      However, it seems to me that the watch is harder to wind than I would expect.
      I did do a full service on a 1215 that I bought for my wife (ref. 6694). It needed everything - but an awesome running movement when I was finished.
      The 1215 is of course a manual wind - but similar to the 1030. The 1215 winds lightly and smoothly as one would expect.
      The 1030 is "stiff". I haven't taken the barrel apart - but have just ordered some new mainsprings.
      Is there anything tricky about replacing the auto mainspring in a 1030? Or is more or less like any modern auto?
      Clean the barrel; apply braking grease to wall; fit spring; fit arbor - oil lightly at spring-arbor interface; replace lid?

Also - I was only able to find a parts-list for this movement. Anyone know where a tech/service sheet (or similar) may be found?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
      -Paul
    • By MechanicMike
      Ok, I need the WRT detectives out there and their help. I've searched and as far as I can tell this symbol or trademark belongs to the Chicago Watch Co. 1895-1903 and made by Elgin. The movement came in an old but intact tin stamped "Elgin Watch Co. I looked up the serial # on PWD.com under 'Chicago' and that's what came up. But, there are a few pics of others and mine looks nothing like any of them nor has this trademark. Anyone recognize this trademark? It's a size 18s with no case. Aaaand I just noticed I didn't provide the serial number. I'll post it here in a bit. Thanks Mike

• By Nicola00
      Hi, a few days ago i bought a preziosa skin diver, the movement is ok, but there isn't the bezel, where i can find a bezel as in the photos, or a bezel that is compatible?

• By BrianJW
      Does anyone have any more info on this watch movement?  It's a small women's movement. Measures 21.5mm in diameter. Hour/minutes only. It's not an escapement I've seen in a watch before. The only marks I can find are the AS and 40(?). No name on dial either. Thanks! 

• By TC519
      I recently came across this while digging thru a bag of watches. It looked interesting and all of the Google hits for "Swiss Made Timex" are in reference to the American Documents series. I've got to assume I'm not searching the right keywords. I was hoping somebody might have a little information on the subject. While looking recently, I couldn't locate almost any Swiss Made. Most of the watches I did find were quartz movements. Thanks for any insight the community can muster!