Hi everyone,

Previously in one of my other posts I mentioned I had made my own video camera for watch repairs. Well, I used it for the first time a few days ago just to get used to it and I'm sort of happy with the results. I've still got to tweak the sensor a bit, it needs a clean.

My first ever video is without voice over, but as I get used to doing videos I'll add voice overs as well.

The working distance from the lens to the bench was 45cm. I've got to make a decent daylight LED lamp which will improve the depth of field and focus. This video was made using ordinary warm LED room lighting.

Anyway, here's a link to the Video, I hope you like it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epkBJenwxzA

And here's a snapshot taken towards the end of the video.

7t32-6n10-1_-_Copy.thumb.png.9dd30afb07d94457a3f7b08d2af99dbd.png

• Like 5

Great video - thanks. You got your first subscriber :).

So I hope for future videos. Really liked the explanatory text. And would have liked to watch how you "reblacked" the bezel. As beginner I learn a lot from such videos (e.g. taping the pusher button to prevent it from pinging around).

Great video - thanks. You got your first subscriber :).

So I hope for future videos. Really liked the explanatory text. And would have liked to watch how you "reblacked" the bezel. As beginner I learn a lot from such videos (e.g. taping the pusher button to prevent it from pinging around).

For the re-blacking some people use engravers wax, sometimes referred to as Elephant Black. Personally, I prefer to use a heat and waterproof solid paint stick such as Markal B or H. Clean all the old blacking away first then rub the stick over the legend. It'll be messy, but let it dry a few hours before wiping away the excess.

Edited by systeman
Added some more information.
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...

For the re-blacking some people use engravers wax, sometimes referred to as Elephant Black. Personally, I prefer to use a heat and waterproof solid paint stick such as Markal B or H. Clean all the old blacking away first then rub the stick over the legend. It'll be messy, but let it dry a few hours before wiping away the excess.

Thanks. I'll be trying this on mine. Got it for £16 non working and it needs bezel gasket and a spare link.
IMG_20190528_154142~01.jpg

Engravers (Elephant Black) wax is gives a more robust finish, but when used in shallow engravings it's more dark blue than black. I prefer Merkal, letting it dry for a few days before buffing off the excess. I've also hand painted engravings with a thinned black enamel, then used very fine grade lapping paper to remove excess.

• Like 1

Engravers (Elephant Black) wax is gives a more robust finish, but when used in shallow engravings it's more dark blue than black. I prefer Merkal, letting it dry for a few days before buffing off the excess. I've also hand painted engravings with a thinned black enamel, then used very fine grade lapping paper to remove excess.
Thanks. Ive always used thinned enamel but this bezel has very shallow engraving so I think I'll try and get some Merkal.