ST6 wheel

Hi, please can you help with some advice about replacing the wheel, i pulled off in my haste?

i am still learning on my very first few movements, the ST6 movement was delivered from Cousins, and i attempted to pull off the 'mini hand', but succeeded in extracting the wheel, Noobie error i now know.

i assume i now have to start to strip the calender movement to get to a point to where the wheel can be replaced, then rebuild?

i read that there is also some form of friction to do with the wheel?

Man thanks

IMG_1296.JPG

From your picture it looks like the hour wheel and cannon pinion have both been removed from the movement.  The cannon pinion is probably the piece which has the faux hand attached to it.  The pinion is part of the center wheel assembly.  It snaps into the center wheel and is held in place by the three curved spokes.

You may be able to secure the cannon pinion to the center wheel without removing any of the other parts but you may also find it easier to reattach the pinion to the center wheel on your bench.

The first step would be to remove the faux hand so that you can separate the cannon pinion from the hour wheel.  I also had the cannon pinion separate from the center wheel on a ST6D movement.  I found it not too difficult to remove the various calendar works bits that blocked extraction of the center wheel.  Once this was done I reseated the pinion on the center wheel on the workbench.