Any pc/mobile/laptop tinkerers recommend tool kit?

It's my sons 21st birthday next week and his Grandad wants to get him something for about £100 that he might use but will also be able to keep for years to come.

My son loves computers and is in his last few weeks of his computer science degree. Although his degree is more writing code and software oriented, he builds his own computer and does tinker a bit with electrics.

The problem nowadays with most tools, the same as in watchmaking, they just aren't made how they used to be. I don't have a clue when it comes to computers, but presume a screwdriver set with various ends would come in handy for him.

I have found this kit below that looks about as well made as I can find with no plastic handles and a nice wooden presentation box.

http://www.conrad-electronic.co.uk/ce/en/product/1423354/Bit-set--------iFixit--------EU145260----Slot-Pozidriv-Phillips

Oppinions please or recommendations for something else that might be better.

When I was a PC tinkerer I wouldn't be parted from my electric screwdriver. A long thin one not pistol shaped.
The power saves time and knuckle skin. The clutch prevents stripping threads.
Mine was a B&D but other brands are available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Avoid screwdrivers with replaceable tips. The time wasted  looking and changing heads makes them not worth at all. Beside, PC do not have that many different screw heads. Better spend the money on some proper book like the K&R "C language" or Donald Knuth "algorithms".

I am a EE and have been working PCs since the 1980s.  A long 7 inch shaft #2 Phillips screw driver with a hardened tip has been my go-to tool for the last 30 years, I still have the same one I bought in 1988, it's a Klein and cost $17 back then.  The long shaft is helpful in tight spaces and keeps your hands out of the way.

A 6 piece Klein Telephone Lineman screwdriver set would go for about $90 / £80. I use the spinner drivers that set comes with allot as well (they have a bent shaft and free spin in the handle and work like a small hand drill).

All Dell and HP computers can be completely disassembled with a good #2.