Shock spring for Chinese Caliber 2650S

Hi everyone

Currently doing a service to a skeleton I bought more than 10 years ago. I really like the style of it, although it is a cheap watch with a Chinese Standard movement caliber 2650S. 

Broke one of the shock springs and could not find anything similar to buy and replace it (apart from buying the all movement).

Tried to look at the Kif shock springs since some are similar, but they will not fit.

Any help on where to buy this shock spring would be very appreciated.

Many Thanks

Chinese Standar Caliber 2650S.jpg

We need a closer pic of the spring and some measurements. There are many styles of shock. Finding replacements is always difficult but you might be lucky and find the Chinese have used a standard spring. If it is their own make then getting a match is going to be difficult. I will have a look in my bestfit book to see if I can find a style match. Here are just some of the KIF style of springs:

KIF.pdf

Sorry no luck it is a shock unique to the Chinese movement. There is nothing like this in my "Bestfit" catalogue or my "incabloc" catalogue.  The nearest I could find was a "Incabloc" 173.02. 
which has a total length of 2.23 and a total width of 1.55. It might fit BUT the issue is the way it attaches which is different see pic. The way forward is to find a donor movement or if possible change the complete setting.

59181e4cea6f4_Chineseshock.png.c54921d9c41c2d27e70c9becb6a346f4.png

Have a very similar spring from a chinese movement. It has straight legs. But as far as i can measure it has the same dimensions. I can see if i can knock some out and take a better measure. Difficult to measure this small parts. 

• 1 month later...

Dear Rogart63

Thanks so much for your spare parts. I swap the whole incabloc and works perfect. 
Attached some photos of the finished work. 
Amazing the performance that a $25 movement can have. I'm really happy with the outcome of the service.
It is a cheap watch but I always loved the design and should be good to run for a few years more.

Thanks all.

2650S 1.jpg

2650S 2.jpg

2650S 3.jpg

• Like 2