Ronda 705 problem

I have a watch with a Ronda 705 that worked fine but today a problem occurred.

I can set the date, I can set the hour but when I press the crown inside (it's already in ON/working mode) to screw it as it's a screw down crown I hear a click (I think) and the hands move along as I'm rotating the crown. This is with the battery removed as I've been trying to troubleshoot this thing.

When the battery is placed the second hand seems to either work or it just "ticks" in the same spot and doesn't advances. I've also seen the second hand rotate around while turning the crown sometimes which I also find weird...

This has happened as I wanted to check the watch as I don't really wear it. It worked fine until today.

Currently I've partially disassembled i and have been looking inside but I can't see anything wrong. I've only removed some of the backside components, not the front, just yet.

Edited by Chopin

If you haven't used it for a while that oil has probably seized up? As it is a quartz sometimes put it in your pocket or warming it up could work. Hairdryer ? The best thing would be to replace the movement or service it? 

I'd rather service it... It seems pretty simple and I have the tools but I just wanted to know whether a part may have been damaged or if I can solve this without disassembling the ENTIRE movement.

I would say that technically the issue could be well know but I lack the experience and knowledge with quartz movements...

Sorry can no longer edit my previous post.

It's worth mentioning that, indeed, when I started to disassemble it there wasn't really any lubricant just dried out leftover pretty much.

Could it be that it just needs a servicing ?

Could try removing the circuit board and do a quick service :)  Some naptha on a brush and then dry it out with a blower. Reassamble it and see if it start running? If not you will probably have to remove the dial and and hands and clean and lube the complete movement. 

Edited by rogart63

It most likely seems like a mechanical thing (wheels, levers, etc.) but I don't have experience with quartz movements in general and I can't tell for sure whether a simple lack of lubrication or some left over dirt from dried out oil is the issue here...

• Like 1

I read through and I actually have to make a correction. My movement is also a 715 but both are similar, yes.

The servicing guide is indeed very helpful but I'm looking for someone who can tell me whether the problem is indeed a lack of lubrication/dirt or worse, a damaged component.

Alright so I come back with some observations. Fully disassembled and reassembled the movement.

The watch functions normally. Keeps time, time setting, date setting, hands, etc.

When I start to screw in the crown at some point I hear a click and then the minute and hour hands start to move a little as if it enters time setting move. This only happens for a second and then they no longer move as I screw in the crown, but the second hand no longer moves.

When I unscrew the crown this thing happens again.

I don't see anything wrong with the stem... I didn't see anything wrong inside the movement with any of the components but clearly something is happening over there...