15 vintage projects

Picked up this lot of 15 vintage men's watches of the Bay last night and I can't wait to see them up close.  I was mainly interested in the Cyma and a handful of others as my beautiful wife-to-be is a deco and vintage fanatic!   For $50 US, delivered, I don't think I went horribly wrong here.  Considering the price of tuition nowadays, it's a bargain.  Anything stand out to you folks?

C

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 2

The Cyma looks interesting as does the one centre bottom.

They all have some charm but remember that the dial is everything - especially with the unkown brands.  If you really like one of these pieces and get it running successfully, you can always get the case and hands replated if you want to for a reasonable sum. Also, sadly, round crystals are easy to find, square ones less so. You may find youself polishing some of these.

Hi @StuartBaker104, thanks for the insight here.  I'm hoping to get some solid practice out of this lot and perhaps if one or two of them have some value, get a small return.  I've never had much luck getting a dial cleaned up, so I imagine there is not much room for improvement.  I've found some blank crystals on Esslinger and Cousins that can be shaped to fit, but they are flat for the most part.  Do you have any experience making a replacement?  The labor is extensive I'm sure.  I would of course make every effort to polish up an existing one.