Desta Forrester

chrisdt

Recently acquired this Desta Forrester Auto. never come across one before although had several watches with the 4009 movement. One simple question. A nice easy one to start the weekend. What is the significance of the dual date? Right hand side ok but the left is fixed Tuesday 4 Wednesday 5 etc...Only any good every 4 or 5 years. Thanks.

CDT

P1010020.JPG

P1010025.JPG

Don,t understand your question I found this " The date is altered by winding the hands forwards and the day of the week is altered by winding the hands backwards " so I presume it is correct until a 28 day month etc then you have to make the appropriate adjustment.

Sorry perhaps I did'nt describe it correctly. Only one reel on the left hand side. Some one who saw the post last night phoned me and said it probably means Thursday is the 4th day of the week Friday the 5th and so on although why a window on watch is required for that is anyone's guess.

CDT

11 hours ago, chrisdt said:

Some one who saw the post last night phoned me and said it probably means Thursday is the 4th day of the week Friday the 5th and so on although why a window on watch is required for that is anyone's guess.

Which is also debatable, because e.g. in the US Thu. is the 5th day of the week :)

• Like 1