Girard Perregaux 03BG repaired lugs and refinished case

noirrac1j

Hello everyone,

Just satisfied my degree requirements last week, so have a little bit of time to post. Don't know how many of you run into watchcases that have worn or broken lugs....I had a Girard Perregaux watch case with the lug holes so worn I was afraid to wear it--there was just a thin band of metal left on the lug. I sent it away for plugging and redrilling of lugs plus refinishing. Very good job! This movement (GP 03bg, adjusted) has a nice looking star decoration over the non-shock protected balance jewel. I have not seen one like it before. 

J

GP 03BG 607.pdf

Edited by noirrac1j
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, dadistic said:

Well, congratulations on getting to the finish line with school!

Nice watch, too.

Thank you! Yes it was quite an investment in time and energy, but one that is well worth it. The GP's have a vintage look and great quality without the premium that similar Omega and Longines watches command.

J

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Congratulations Joe . 

Nice watch . I definitely like it .  With running the risk of being nosey . can you give  the details on the refinish ,...where , time it took , and cost ?  I have a case or two that I have thought about doing the same to .  PM me if you prefer...

Thanks , Louis