Replace a complete balance wheel and bridge for ETA 2804-2

Hi all,

I broke the pivot of balance wheel on ETA 2804-2.

I bought a generic complete balance wheel with bridge for ETA 2824-2 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/262234041099?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT) and tried to install it without any difficulty. There is only a difference between the new and old one is the shock assemblies (Incabloc vs Novodiac). In the photo below, the new one is the yeallow on the right hand side.

IMG_1540.thumb.JPG.432f53ea73f6cbf86f776996c6068e68.JPG

My question are:

- Is the complete balance wheel and bridge replaceable between those movements?

- If Yes, after installed, the balance wheel has swung a little bit then stop. What is the reason? How to fix it?

Thank you

Edited by hokavan

try using only the balance complete (balance wheel and Hairspring) - meaning use the old cock and the new balance complete.

It looks to me like you don't have enough end-shakeand a cause would be the different shocks (Incabloc and Novodiac)

To take it off:

Edited by matabog

It looks like the balance roller jewel is not engaged with the pallet folk correctly. It might be a mile out of beat so it will be worth removing the pallet folk & bridge and rotate the balance & check that the roller jewel settles in the middle of the banking pins.

• 2 weeks later...
Doesn't look like you got the balance in the right position? Make sure that you have the roller jewels inside the pallet fork.  Which i don't you have right. Maybe that is why you broke the last pivot. 

Yes you are right. The roller was not in right position.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

try using only the balance complete (balance wheel and Hairspring) - meaning use the old cock and the new balance complete.
It looks to me like you don't have enough end-shakeand a cause would be the different shocks (Incabloc and Novodiac)
To take it off:

I don't have tools to remove the balance and install it on the old bridge. It could be the end- shake problems because if I pressed down the end of bridge it would run faster.
I was looking for complete balance and bridge for ETA 2804 but was unable to find it. Could you please suggest any other way to fix it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...

The balance and bridge on the left is for a 2824-1 and the one one the right is a 2824-2 balance.

These are NOT compatible because they run at different rates.

The 2824-1 runs at 21600 both and the 2824-2 runs at 28800 bph so you CANNOT interchange them.

Even if it were possible the timekeeping would be hours per day out 

Get the correct balance.

Regards

James

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Horologist said:

Get the correct balance.

Correct, but you're replying to an almost three year old topic, one would suppose the issue has been sorted out by now.

Also, FYI we have a dedicated section of the forum where is considered polite for new members to introduce themselves.

• 1 year later...
On 2/28/2020 at 1:24 PM, jdm said:

Correct, but you're replying to an almost three year old topic, one would suppose the issue has been sorted out by now.

Does it really matter? I found the provided info extremely interesting. @Horologist wrote his first and only post the same day he joined, six month ago, and we haven't seen him/her here since. I wonder why. Any idea?

Edited by VWatchie

• Similar Content