Beginner's luck, AKA Jason's first attempt at regulating...

My Autavia 11630 has been losing quite a bit of time recently. So I decided to have a go at regulating it myself. I've bought a Timegrapher to make things more easy (the iOS app I've got on my iPad is ok, but you've got to get the mic on the headphones in just the right spot and keep it there for it to be effective).

Anyway, it probably wasn't the smartest thing to do, starting on something as complex as the Cal 12... especially when you take the back off and the regulation isn't as per Marks excellent instructional videos and articals. It's done via two screws on the balance bridge, the one nearer the jewel affecting the rate, and the one furthest away the beat. Both screws are excentric and shift the the hairspring appropriately.

That said, after 15 mins of working out how it all relates to one another, and seeing what it was doing - this is what I've managed to achieve. Pretty chuffed. :woohoo-jumping-smiley-emoticon:

So it shouldn't have been loosing time if it had been or if it had they didn't do a very good service it should have been checked and regulated and be good for a few years not a couple of months.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...