• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Just to close out this thread concerning low amplitude, I finally got around to addressing the issue of too much lock. The pallet stones were probably not original as they were already set back into the pallet fork as far as they could go. I removed the pallet stones, ground down the back ends, reinserted them and applied shellac. After making some adjustments, the amplitude jumped from the initial 166 to 265 degrees.
    • @carlos123 ... considering the really good condition of both watch and dial I would put an aftermarket one ... $15 only on eBay https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F223245146447 Envoyé de mon moto g(7) power en utilisant Tapatalk
    • Thanks for the advice. I was worried about the film. I found the isopropyl left some white residue on the parts. Which is why I moved to acetone, but I can't wash pallets or the balance for too long in it. I also have petroleum ether 80-100. Would you be able to recommend a product for me to try? I've never tried one of the ammoniated cleaning products. I could get some of the L&r fluid. 
    • @AndyHull ... On all dials or dial plates I've worked on the registration pin sitted at 3:00 You can check that looking at a dial with a date window Envoyé de mon moto g(7) power en utilisant Tapatalk
    • Epilame is good. How you distribute oil on the escapement is a matter of dispute but get your lube on there and then gove it a day. You'll be surprised. I epilame every freakin escapement that comes through. Don't epilame the fork horns or pivots. Your cleaning procedure is probably lacking. There are pro chemicals out there for a reason. The slightest film of whatever can drag you down. There are threads upon threads here on the subject. But most of all, if you are taking care like you say, is let it run. You'll probably find it picks up 20- 30 degrees of amplitude.