How Do You Remove Winder On A Quartz Watch

No major differences between quartz and mechanical.

You will find both screw in and spring push setting levers on quartz watches.

Check my Youtube video on fitting a battery to a water resistant watch and you will observe me removing the stem from a quartz watch. This one was a screw release.

If you are stuck on a particular movement then let me know the calibre or post a pic.

Hi thank you for your help,I have got a very old seiko sq watch the watch is working but it need a new crown and stem and you still buy them for this watch,as there are so many sizes do you think it is posible to get the correct on,thank you again Christopher.

What is the reference on the watch back (eight characters xxxx-xxxx)

Hi,thank you for your reply,the number is 4336-8080, hope I can get one as this is a lovley old watch,the only thing is I have got to get out the broken part what is still in the watch,I have to find the release clip to get the old winder stem out,that is why I think the watch is still working,thank you again for your help Christopher.

This crown is officially discontinued but according to my source you can get an after-market replacement.

I think it is this one: http://www.ofrei.com/page332.html

Seiko Style Crown White # J-40M71W

This is a push release - not screw release. If the winder is pointing towards you the point to press is to the left next to the IC. You will see a hole - dont press too hard but whilst you are pressing, use a pair of tweezers to worry the stem out. It may be tight due to the o-ring gasket on the broken part of the crown.

Hi just want on to. Buy the crown,and went to pay and they want €15 postage and tax and customs on top and you have to spend over €15.00 to get you items,do you thinks paying over €30.00 for this will be worth it or do you know any one how can do it here,sorry to trouble you and thank you for your help,Christopher.

Hi,just like to say thank you for your help,I have tried in getting the crown and stem,but i think you know I do not know that much on repairing clocks and watches I want to learn as I love watches and clocks I have changed capacitors in kinetic watches,and battery's,I have thought I could take the face plate of this watch and use an Seiko SQ movement with date with it,s crown and stem,and put back in my case with the old face plate,as I have now got tools to remove hands and push on tool,as I do love my face plate watch,do you think this would be a good thing to do as because on not getting parts that easy now,many thanks Christopher.

Hi Christopher. You did'nt make me late - I meant it was late when I replied to your post and I didn't read your post correctly ;)

I am about to upload a video I shot a few weeks back which may help you. It's a Seiko where I have changed the movement but it's a chronograph. Hopefully it will give you some tips.

I'm just finishing off the editing and narration so it should be finished later today.

I hope this helps :)

And I hope you have a great Christmas too. Do you have good plans?

Hi,I am at home for Christmas,May do some more watches after Christmas,I would like to keep my face plate and use it for a seiko watch so I can use it with its own stem,as because hard to replace stem for this old movment,I think this is for the better as I forgot to say that I did have trouble in it keep stoping that,s why I think I Broke the stem as I was pushing crown in and out to get it working again,some times this did happen and it then went ok,the watch is in my watch case what has been in the case now for over a year and it is still working,from last year,it is up setting that the crown boke as it is a very nice blue face,cannot find a face as nice colour as this one,I would also like to say thank you for telling me about the video,are you putting it on YouTube,or on this site we are talking on and I will like to watch it and learn more on doing this for my fun time in doing this.all the best again for this lovley time of year,Christopher.

Hi again, sorry to bother you,I am still looking for the stem for my watch, I just had an e-mail from a seller on e-bay they said I can get a stem for me for £10.00 with postage,not sure to go ahead as I Said this watch did keeps stopping,I can buy a set of crowns and stems for different sizes for all types of watches. If I give you the e-bay number would you check if one may fit as the set of the stem are for £12.99,may be better as have all the spares for more watches later,I asked the seller,they said they do not know,if I am paying £10.00 for just for one stem,the e-bay Number is 190898291323 if you would check,many thanks Christopher.