Battery for a ESA 942.711 lcd watch

18 hours ago, Tiktok said:

If it's the one that takes 2 batteries I think they are size 392

Ordered. Fingers crossed that it will work :) 

Maybe it should be ETA 942.711 as i didn't find anything on ESA ? 

Edited by rogart63

On 30/3/2017 at 9:00 PM, Tiktok said:

SR41 is a 392 battery as in picture, remember to put them in the correct way as in picture.

I just put esa 942 711 into google images to get picture.

The seller told me had tested the watch with some batteries. He said it didn't work.Can hope he did set them the wrong way. And when i put them in the right :) Let there be light. If not i have a NOS i can buy. 

Maybe i should take a look under the circuit tomorrow. Before i smack the batteries in.  

Edited by jdm
Please do quote pictures

9 minutes ago, rogart63 said:

The seller told me had tested the watch with some batteries. He said it didn't work.Can hope he did set them the wrong way. And when i put them in the right :) Let there be light. If not i have a NOS i can buy. 

Maybe i should take a look under the circuit tomorrow. Before i smack the batteries in.  

Hope he hasn't put them wrong way and blown the circuit!!

:( didn't work? But watch watch nice. So i will try to find a new circuit for it. The lcd was working but lots of numbers was missing. Tried to clean the strips on the lcd screen but didn't help. Or a complete movement will be better? 

• 1 year later...
On 31/03/2017 at 1:53 PM, rogart63 said:

:( didn't work? But watch watch nice. So i will try to find a new circuit for it. The lcd was working but lots of numbers was missing. Tried to clean the strips on the lcd screen but didn't help. Or a complete movement will be better? 

Sorry to bring up an old thread. Did you end up getting it all sorted?

5 hours ago, LexLuther said:

Sorry to bring up an old thread. Did you end up getting it all sorted?

Yepp .  I got an other movement from the guy i bought a movement from. It's even out of the building. Sold it to a collector of Certina Chronoolympic watches. 

17 hours ago, rogart63 said:

Yepp .  I got an other movement from the guy i bought a movement from. It's even out of the building. Sold it to a collector of Certina Chronoolympic watches. 

Great stuff. Iv'e got a Longines one that isn't working either. Thought it might of been an easy fix until I removed the black plastic cover and saw this...

Image-1.png

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, LexLuther said:

Great stuff. Iv'e got a Longines one that isn't working either. Thought it might of been an easy fix until I removed the black plastic cover and saw this...

Maybe you could try using conductive paint on that? Have you tried to clean it with isopropanol? 

17 hours ago, rogart63 said:

Maybe you could try using conductive paint on that? Have you tried to clean it with isopropanol? 

I have cleaned it up and Iv'e used conductive paint to to re do the corroded parts, with no luck :unsure: I hope its not the IC (Think that's what it's called) I will start a new thread about it.

• Like 1