Watch Hand Removal - Tool & Technique Choice

64americandeluxe

For me - I prefer hand lifters as I feel I have more control. I do use the presto for certain watches and sometimes for chronograph runner hands.

It depends on the watch as to wether I take them off at once or individually. This is mainly governed by the distance between the hands.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

In the Horotec catalog they only show one pair for wrist watches, but they also have levers for wall clocks and alarm clocks as well as a pair for sweep second hands and small counter hands on chronographs.  The tips on mine are 2.5mm. I have used them a couple of times and they work well for me.

Cheers!

Roger

I have the Horotec and a Bergeon Presto puller. The other day I was lifting a hour ,minute and chrono second hand all at the same time with the levers, only to find that the tube was stripped of the chrono second hand and still on the pinion :(

I managed to press the hand back onto the stuck tube but not an ideal solution. This has happened a few times on the centre second hand now!

Hi Odyseus and welcome to this forum :)...I understand your problem. yes because I have a watchmaker friend who has already had this same problem and this is nothing of obvious no more... sometimes he was forced from almost all removed the portion of the train's wheel to remove the piece... :(