Omega Speedmaster hands wont fit

Cheers mate!!

Long time, no see.....

I have found some new hands to an old Omega Speedmaster I have from a reliable source.

And want to fit this to my Speedmaster with ref. nr: 3570.50.00   2011 model  with Omega caliber 1861 movment.

But when I tried to fit the hands on yesterday, I see in the microscope that there is a slight difference in diameter on the sweep Seconds, Chrono Hour and Chrono Minutes, from the original this is on now. Is this normal for news hands for Omega? Is this somthing that is needing fitted/blocked out?  Or have he just sold me some AM parts that have some poor quality?  

If the last is thrue, is it somthing todo about it? Tools to use? measure?

Best Regards

Armand

Are they completly new? They are usually very tight and hard to put on the first time? Specially the sub hands? I tried but i broke two of them :( So ended up going to a well known Omega watchmaker for help with the hands? Take some practice to do it right? 

You also need a special movement holder that supports the wheels and pinions. 

Edited by rogart63
  • Like 1

Hey Roger,

Long time no see, hope you are ok....

Yes they are new, and very tight. So Im having a hard time to get them on. But I thing I try to block the out a little bit...

Its so hard that I dare not to try to push the on, even when I use the special movement holder. Why is it the the Omega movment needs a holder. I have never used  a holder for all the Seiko movment I have changed hands on, pure luck or stupidity??

Cheers mate..

3 hours ago, arkobugg said:

Hey Roger,

Long time no see, hope you are ok....

Yes they are new, and very tight. So Im having a hard time to get them on. But I thing I try to block the out a little bit...

Its so hard that I dare not to try to push the on, even when I use the special movement holder. Why is it the the Omega movment needs a holder. I have never used  a holder for all the Seiko movment I have changed hands on, pure luck or stupidity??

Cheers mate..

You need to support the jewels. Not sure exactly how it's built. But think you can break a pivot or moving some of the jewels if you don't support them?  I have a nice movement holder from VTA which work nice when i work on  6139. You could break the chronograph wheel if you don't support it.

That is just ordinary Seiko movment, I have never done this on the cronograph. Im working on a 6139 now, but I had to get some parts, so the work have stopped up a little bit...

VTA you say....du you have a link, and also for the Omega caliber 1861 ??

How is it in Sweden? Seen somthing of the spring or??

• Like 1