Watch cleaning problem

Hello all, recently I've noticed that my watch cleaning machine is not cleaning all the parts properly. I use zenith cleaner and rinse and a l and r manual machine. When I clean the parts I put the plates in the bottom and small parts on the top. I run for 5 minutes in the cleaner, spin off for a minute or two and then 5 minutes in each two rinses with spinning off in between. When I'm all done I notice a yellow Chem, I assume cleaner, on the plates. I wind up cleaning them off by hand before I dry it, I can't figure it out, what can I be doing wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like there's a problem with your solutions. Maybe contaminated with something? I once noticed a significant change from having mixed them with a few drops of water. 

Not sure of thebtiming of things. I usually leave my main washbfor 10 min. Spin until there's no visible fluid which is usually a few seconds and then go through 2 rinses. 

I'd start with refreshing your solutions. 

Cheers! 

I would get rid of that cleaner in that jar. Wash the jar out and dry it and add new fresh cleaner and see what happens. Just a thought is there anything from the cover of the jar that could be leaking into the fluid.

I changed out the cleaner and added new, it seems like the placement of the plates in the jar are not allowing the rinse to get to them

Not sure what you mean. Jars not filled enough to submerge the whole cage?

Do your jars have baffles in them?  Each jar in my L & R cleaner has a baffle in the bottom which creates a bit of turbulence in the cleaner as the basket spins.  These baffles, along with reverse cycle, help clean around all the parts.

@jguitron is correct that water contamination will cause problems.  I'm pretty sure Zenith cleaning solution and water are immiscible.  Also, if your cleaning fluid hasn't been changed for a while then you'll also see a film build-up on the parts.

• Like 2