Help with balance jewels refitting

Hi there, I'm hoping that someone has the solution to my little problem. I have a Raketa 2609 HA movement that I've stripped and cleaned with a view to use it to practise stripping an reassembling. I haven't got very far with the rebuild. I have removed and cleaned the balance end stone jewels and oiled them and when I put them back in the balance ceases to move freely. When I removed them I didn't necessarily keep them apart as top and bottom so I could be refitting the top on the bottom and vice versa. I've removed and refitted them probably a half dozen times in various combinations and the result is always the same, the balance stops moving freely. I think that I'm refitting the jewels correctly ( I believe the flat face is the side that you oil ) and I'm certain that everytime I do it the pivots are placed correctly. Is there anybody that has an idea what I'm doing wrong. I've added a photo though there isn't much to see. Please help cos it's doing my cheese in!!!

image.jpg

Flat side down is right? The rounded side of the endcap jewels should be up. 

Looked in my parts drawer and found a 2614HA . The endcap jewel on the main plate is 0,18 mm thick. That is only one i have as the balance is caput.  And it has a flat end at both ends? But one of the ends is beveled . Like in my picture . Flat side down. 

Hope it can help you anything? DSC08041.thumb.JPG.d7fad588b1cf91c77488c79c78a46e01.JPGDSC08042.thumb.JPG.71387b6cf1c70dcd7f78b74bd007a5dd.JPG

Hi there,

This being a Russian movement there may be a shim under the balance cock. The pic attached is a Vostok which shows what I mean. If you are just experimenting you could try making a shim from aluminium foil and give that a try. Balance jewel caps are sometimes different sizes top and bottom, but it seems you have tried all combinations.

12-Balance shim.JPG

Hi, thank you for the replies. It was of course the shim under the balance bridge, I'd taken it off for the cleaning process and as I haven't yet refitted anything else, the shim is still in the storage pot with the rest of the parts! Beginner's mistake but I'm just releaved it was a simple error. It is only a practise movement, but I didn't want to have ruined it before I'd even started.