Jump to content
mk3

Watch of Today

Recommended Posts

Its a blue dial day today.

RIMG0005.thumb.JPG.50369345c8952327e664e2a3cfa0d7d1.JPG

I'm wearing a Nino 17 Jewel swiss, while assisting my wife with her patchwork quilting designs. It had a slight rust issue when it arrived a few months back, but it is ticking along nicely now. I even restored the brushed case finish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AndyHull said:

Its a blue dial day today.

RIMG0005.thumb.JPG.50369345c8952327e664e2a3cfa0d7d1.JPG

I'm wearing a Nino 17 Jewel swiss, while assisting my wife with her patchwork quilting designs. It had a slight rust issue when it arrived a few months back, but it is ticking along nicely now. I even restored the brushed case finish.

Manual? I guess ST caliber.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

Manual? I guess ST caliber.

RIMG0015.thumb.JPG.1cdc46f08f76791091840978b7eac41e.JPG

RIMG0014.thumb.JPG.b2cd431bc388d30ddf2de219188a6987.JPG

The case, caseback and dial look original, but I'm suspicious that the caliber may not be. Partly because of its condition, and partly because the movement holder looks to have been hacked about a bit. This is what it looks like after some fairly major gunk and rust removal. There is still some remaining evidence of corrosion as you can see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AndyHull said:

RIMG0015.thumb.JPG.1cdc46f08f76791091840978b7eac41e.JPG

RIMG0014.thumb.JPG.b2cd431bc388d30ddf2de219188a6987.JPG

The case, caseback and dial look original, but I'm suspicious that the caliber may not be. Partly because of its condition, and partly because the movement holder looks to have been hacked about a bit. This is what it looks like after some fairly major gunk and rust removal. There is still some remaining evidence of corrosion as you can see.

St movement, work horse, powered , fortis , camy among many . If dial feet are original and fit the movement, the two belong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to hand it to the boys in India . Where else can you get a GENYOUWINE Swiss watch serviced and delivered to your door for under twenty dollars ! Perhaps from a NYC street vendor, but nowhere else !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, m1ks said:

Another Indian eBay franken dial swiss.

A genuine Henri Sandoz in fact. Lol

I love the dial colour on this one.

20190507_095958_001.jpg

Very.. err.. purple...

You appear to be having a bit of a Local Hero moment, I was just waiting for Jenny Seagrove to emerge from the waves in the background, to come and admire your purple heather tartan themed Sand-oz.

I'm going to hazard a guess that the movement is a no name ST 96 variant, second guess would be an HMT 0231 with Sandust inscribed on the bridge where it used to say HMT. Go on... give us a peek inside, curious minds want to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AndyHull said:

Very.. err.. purple...

You appear to be having a bit of a Local Hero moment, I was just waiting for Jenny Seagrove to emerge from the waves in the background, to come and admire your purple heather tartan themed Sand-oz.

I'm going to hazard a guess that the movement is a no name ST 96 variant, second guess would be an HMT 0231 with Sandust inscribed on the bridge where it used to say HMT. Go on... give us a peek inside, curious minds want to know.

Jenny Seagrove can come and admire it anytime.

Here's the case back to prove it's genuine osity! Plus the listing said it was vintage and genuine. :)

I'll get a movement pic soon as I can be bothered to get my case back knife

 

20190507_191915.jpg

Edited by m1ks
Forgot to add picture doh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eezy said:

Another Henry S. Don't know if the dial is genuine or not.

37 Henri Sandoz.jpg

38 Henry Sandoz.jpg

I'd hazard a guess that yours is more genuine than mine. The snap on back is acid etched on mine by the look. Very well done mind you, but not engraved.

That's a really nice case shape on yours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, m1ks said:

I'd hazard a guess that yours is more genuine than mine. The snap on back is acid etched on mine by the look. Very well done mind you, but not engraved.

That's a really nice case shape on yours.

The case is unmarked, looks new. Has a screw back also. It's my ''play with'' watch as the movement was knackered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, eezy said:

The case is unmarked, looks new. Has a screw back also. It's my ''play with'' watch as the movement was knackered.

The case bears a startling resemblance to the "Nino" above.

three-amigos.jpg
Here it is again, on the left, along with the franken-zen and a little Richo (arguably the most authentic of the three).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, AndyHull said:

The case bears a startling resemblance to the "Nino" above.

three-amigos.jpg
Here it is again, on the left, along with the franken-zen and a little Richo (arguably the most authentic of the three).

It does, yes, even down to the lightly brushed finish on top of the case.

Is the Nino a screw back as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...