Jump to content
mk3

Watch of Today

Recommended Posts

I just got one of those Accutron astronauts as well and I love it. It runs a little fast, but I understand that it just means it needs to be adjusted for the higher voltage off modern batteries. Maybe I'll find someone to do that this spring. This is my current daily though:c9b3b9b3529462487ff62df511c1d3d2.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, qhartman said:

I just got one of those Accutron astronauts as well and I love it. It runs a little fast, but I understand that it just means it needs to be adjusted for the higher voltage off modern batteries. Maybe I'll find someone to do that this spring. This is my current daily though:c9b3b9b3529462487ff62df511c1d3d2.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
 

Hi , ..Nice Hamilton . Looks like my X-Wind .

As far as the Accutron running  fast , you are talking about phasing the watch to run on higher voltage batteries . At 1.5 instead of 1.3 volts . 

You may want to try an accu-cell made for this . You can try one ,...as they are more expensive , to see the outcome .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wearing a Seiko 7546-605A.. It 40 years old but doesn't show it's age.  I'm quite familiar with Seiko watches but I figured it was from 1988 until I checked on the web. 

Pretty accurate like all 75** movements. The dial appears light silver from some angles and a darker shade from another.  Water resistance isnt mentioned anywhere but I figure it's 100m like other non screw-down crown watches from Seiko. 

IMG20181115085128.thumb.jpg.a11f94323d6db31275be0a4eb25ac470.jpgIMG20181115085132.thumb.jpg.7924819c8532e8a183d6b2112910eb0a.jpgOK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, anilv said:

Wearing a Seiko 7546-605A.. It 40 years old but doesn't show it's age.  I'm quite familiar with Seiko watches but I figured it was from 1988 until I checked on the web. 

Pretty accurate like all 75** movements. The dial appears light silver from some angles and a darker shade from another.  Water resistance isnt mentioned anywhere but I figure it's 100m like other non screw-down crown watches from Seiko. 

IMG20181115085128.thumb.jpg.a11f94323d6db31275be0a4eb25ac470.jpgIMG20181115085132.thumb.jpg.7924819c8532e8a183d6b2112910eb0a.jpgOK

Nice and Very Clean looking .   I'm not a big quartz fan , but Seiko did it right with selections of this era . I'll take a Silverwave anytime .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, noirrac1j said:

Ooh nice @ricardopalamino. I was wearing my Bulova 666 the other day. Today I am wearing Basis Sapphire beach 17 jewel watch with tachymeter markings  on bezel but a plongeur sweep hand --It has a bit of an identity problem!

J

20181115_132233.thumb.jpg.701b0fd7179f2db6e6d7e184941fd63c.jpg

 

Nice ,...back at'cha . 

Who cares if you  have an Identity problem , as long as you look good .  Especially with a sexy bracelet .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been trying to get a Speedmaster since last year, but finances haven't been cooperative! I like the Mark II a lot. I am guessing yours has the manual winding cal. 861?  I want one!, but just have to figure out a way to get it!

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, noirrac1j said:

I've been trying to get a Speedmaster since last year, but finances haven't been cooperative! I like the Mark II a lot. I am guessing yours has the manual winding cal. 861?  I want one!, but just have to figure out a way to get it!

J

You are correct on the movement .

I installed a new crystal when I first got it . The crystal has a groove on the side where a rubber gasket is fitted .

When I installed it , I didn't know that there is a special compression tool that Omega has to install this crystal ,     so I was sweating bullets until I got it installed ,...since the genuine Omega crystal cost me  $100 .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A very 80s Citizen 21 automatic (August 1982), keeping good company (and so far good time) with my white Seiko 5.
The Citizen is much cleaner and more hygienic than it was this morning, and running quite nicely too after a little TLC and a good polish.

RIMG0546.thumb.JPG.e1df822e9314fdc8beb837a50616b5cd.JPG

I resisted the temptation to try to hide the marks on the dial as I am pretty certain I would "fix it worse". I did remove about a metric ton of grime from the thing though. Both are members of the 404 club (see elsewhere for an explanation).

EDIT: I've just noticed I've set the Citizen 5 minutes slow, due to the rather confusing dial markers. :huh:

Edited by AndyHull

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Battery arrived, so today is a Citizen day. I'm not sure if this 3801 calibre is from November 1985 or 1995, my gut feeling is 1985, but I'm sure someone with a little more knowledge will put me right.

RIMG0560.thumb.JPG.c51158b74ede2c363fc0f283d620187f.JPG

(Ignore the arm hair shadows on the glass)

RIMG0567.thumb.JPG.d1a98ee2c08a04d06ef104c4cba9b6a2.JPG

The rather obvious  "double ding" in the glass shows up rather well either side of the second hand in this picture. There are one or two other battle scars consistent with age. It may be no great looker, but considering it only cost £0.99p plus postage (the battery cost more than the watch), I think its not too bad.

I guess that is more of an indictment of our throwaway society than any failing of the watch. 

SerialNumber.thumb.png.6e4d4c2520bf1396257c0fdf514547c5.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, AndyHull said:

Battery arrived, so today is a Citizen day. I'm not sure if this 3801 calibre is from November 1985 or 1995, my gut feeling is 1985, but I'm sure someone with a little more knowledge will put me right.

RIMG0560.thumb.JPG.c51158b74ede2c363fc0f283d620187f.JPG

(Ignore the arm hair shadows on the glass)

RIMG0567.thumb.JPG.d1a98ee2c08a04d06ef104c4cba9b6a2.JPG

The rather obvious  "double ding" in the glass shows up rather well either side of the second hand in this picture. There are one or two other battle scars consistent with age. It may be no great looker, but considering it only cost £0.99p plus postage (the battery cost more than the watch), I think its not too bad.

I guess that is more of an indictment of our throwaway society than any failing of the watch. 

SerialNumber.thumb.png.6e4d4c2520bf1396257c0fdf514547c5.png

It is a nice classic  , clean looking watch .  I agree with your thoughts on becoming a throw away society .

I feel that so many quartz watches that end up in dresser draws are an example and victim of that attitude . 

I vote that you find a new crystal for that puppy .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Good to be here, found this place while trying to find out what or where I was going wrong with a Seiko 6119 movement,  just wondering how come i have never seen it before.  I am Francis married with 3  children, all under 10, yes I started late since I am 55 and wifey is 33.  Started off doing pocket watches and somehow now getting into Wristwatches.  Still trying to work that one out. Bought a lot of movements some 10yrs ago and have had them stored away, and now we decided to put down roots, i dragged it all out and now trying to learn more and more as I go along.  Francis Downunder.
    • Today was my 1970s Zodiac Super Seawolf
    • The stem looks like thread worn at top, but might be just the angle of picture. As for the hands not turning, possibly something has slipped on mechanism, like a spring. http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&0&2uswk&Longines_23ZS might be worth comparing the picture with yours. 
    • hi I'm working on a longines .caliber 23zs. It was not working and i noticed if you moved it the balance would start and the hands revolved until the second hand reached number 5 where it was catching. To cut a long story short i have removed the hands and refitted them and there going fine. But when i went to reset the hands nothing. I pulled he crown out to the position to move the hour and minute hands and there nothing happening. it turns freely but the hands don't.The crown has now come off as well but that screws back on though it seems loose. I have cleaned the stem and examined it to the best of my knowledge and it seems fine. It slides in and out when i release the screw holding it into the movement. I have tried to download docs from cousins but they only show dial diameter.  I have also googled it but there's not a lot out there.Not what i need anyway. I'm just wondering have i missed something obvious that should have been done.. Any advice gratefully accepted. cheers gary
    • if you have a tap and die set,   (and a lathe) just thread a hole in a brass rod and you have the perfect "screw holder".    doe's not work on left handed thread.    vin
×
×
  • Create New...