Watch of Today

mk3

Avia Matic - FHF 905 with an interesting patina and a strange reflection from the magnifier  I was taking the picture with, just in case you thought I had turned into some weird cyborg with LEDs under my skin.

RIMG0175.JPG

Edited by AndyHull
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

RIMG0535.thumb.JPG.6f5f36c2d215224eb4fe0958562f5c80.JPG

Following a slight mishap with some "shed and fence treatment" paint, the USSR Sekonda I've been using in the garden need a quick trip to the bench for a clean and polish.

RIMG0537.thumb.JPG.a1ad96ae71f62d695e564f32c9f55a41.JPG

• Like 1

RIMG0580.thumb.JPG.6fab52262251b2db0db7122845f47a69.JPG

The Elektronika 5 / Электроника 5 USSR era LCD quartz made it to the bench today.

It was pretty scruffy inside, and had two grubby and one missing contacts on the module.

RIMG0576.thumb.JPG.e5bc685476e580aae813aeadb8d32dcb.JPG

I fabricate the missing contact from a flattened piece of copper wire, tinned with solder, and soldered it in place on the module, and cleaned up the rest as best I could.

Once re-assembled it seems to work fine, though I have yet to figure out how to set the month. The time and day number are obvious, but there must be a trick to setting the month.

RIMG0586.thumb.JPG.f008644caf66b6f549ff21c5068c503e.JPG

I also got the backlight working, and it looks to be about as efficient as the one on an original Casio F-91W

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sporting a  clean and simple design 404 club Timex Automatic today.

RIMG0721.thumb.JPG.7827d7a920fdb8b765c123bd904b91fc.JPG

Probably early to mid eighties, it scrubbed up almost completely blemish free, and is sporting a brand new (well new old stock) similarly simple plain black Apollo leather band. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

RIMG0885.thumb.JPG.e64c62c76c7e77104ab7ee3803549069.JPG

Today I decided to give my 1969 Timex Marlin an airing.

To put this in context, on July 21st that year,  Neil Armstrong took his first historic steps on the surface of the moon. Apparently he wasn't actually wearing his Omega Speedmaster at that point as he had left it in the lunar module.

image.thumb.png.0c2c0cdb522fe683c0fb3ea270926cac.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2021 at 3:43 PM, JerseyMo said:

Can't go wrong with a vintage Timex! 

RIMG1001.thumb.JPG.e675a2196de978b44d7e6013218790e6.JPG

Just to highlight that point, today we have another vintage Times, this time from 1977.

RIMG1006.thumb.JPG.bd75feb396f79aea255cfb56104ae731.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Bulova Seaking Automatic from 1975 I believe. Just restored and serviced this for my next door neighbour. It's 'on test' for the next day. He told me he got it for his tenth wedding anniversary and has been in a drawer for 25 years or so. Going to give it back to him tomorrow evening. I hope he will be pleased to wear it again. 

IMG_20210922_212024810~2.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't done one of these for a while.....

20211012_121523.thumb.jpg.70431bb4f7586a5c1e9d648cd2792d98.jpg

My latest acquisition with a Record 107 movement, and on my first attempt at making a strap (no apologies for the dodgy stitching).

Came in as a non-runner, turned out to be a broken M/S so easily sorted. I was tempted to have a go at re-plating the case but I think it carries off the brassing rather well.

• Like 6