Watch of Today

mk3

1 hour ago, jdm said:

Monday afternoon is already Cocktail Time!

Oh no I'm on a diet!

30059311334_21ffe57cf1_c.jpg

We must be on the same diet.......  

Although definitely one of my favorites , I rarely wear it . It doesn't go with the beach shorts and slippers I wear most of the time ...... I have to get my Tux out of the cleaners .

Screen shot 2015-01-15 at 10.23.33 AM.png

Screen shot 2015-01-15 at 10.18.30 AM.png

DSC00054.JPG

DSC00058.JPG

• Like 3

I wondered how long it would take for a Mu Du watch to turn up. A watch with Mu Du on the dial is a black market watch. [emoji3]

Reminded me of Taggart: "There's been a MuDu Taggart and you need to solve it."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

I got this Hamilton Electric Pegasus the other day . It came on a black leather band and,.......I dunno . It didn't do it for me when I tried it on .

,Screen shot 2016-11-01 at 12.33.37 PM.png

Screen shot 2016-11-01 at 12.33.48 PM.png

So I went digging through my stash of watchbands , picked out the gold plated and filled pieces and changed out the band to this vintage Speidel gold plated guy............. I Like It..... :jig:

DSC00057.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ricardopalamino said:

I got this Hamilton Electric Pegasus the other day . It came on a black leather band and,.......I dunno . It didn't do it for me when I tried it on .

,Screen shot 2016-11-01 at 12.33.37 PM.png

Screen shot 2016-11-01 at 12.33.48 PM.png

So I went digging through my stash of watchbands , picked out the gold plated and filled pieces and changed out the band to this vintage Speidel gold plated guy............. I Like It..... :jig:

DSC00057.JPG

Yes. You have good eyes...the leather band makes it rather lady-watch like, whereas the metal band gives the Hamilton a stronger and period-correct look simultaneously. Good choice Ricardo.

P.S. The watch is very nice.....corner crown and sweep hand!

2 hours ago, noirrac1j said:

Yes. You have good eyes...the leather band makes it rather lady-watch like, whereas the metal band gives the Hamilton a stronger and period-correct look simultaneously. Good choice Ricardo.

P.S. The watch is very nice.....corner crown and sweep hand!

Thanks noirrac1,  and Yes ,  I came to the same conclusion about the leather band .  I do like it much better and I agree that the metal band does give it a more period correct look .  I look at the whole enchilada now and not just at the head which of course was the smaller mens size that was worn at the time .

• Like 1

Sacrilege perhaps,  but after another rummage through my spare parts bin I knocked this up.  It's a 6349 movement that I added a few extra jewels .  I jewelled the spring barrel to the Arbor and added jewels to support the Arbor in the body and the train  bridge.  Burnished all the pivots,  adjusted the jewels  set the shake and end shake.   And it's running real sweet . 

1478067080574-2068128519.jpg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DaveCoatsworth said:

Hmmm...  Looked through a few pages and didn't see any pocket watches.  Hope you don't mind having one crash the party.  This has been my carry watch lately.  An Illinois 16-size, Getty model, grade 187.

Illinois187Mvmt.jpg

Illinois187Dial.jpg

Now that's a nice movement there was love given to it buckets of love. look how every spindle of every train wheel has been rounded off and every edge bevelled its a mechanical marvel love it.

Sacrilege perhaps,  but after another rummage through my spare parts bin I knocked this up.  It's a 6349 movement that I added a few extra jewels .  I jewelled the spring barrel to the Arbor and added jewels to support the Arbor in the body and the train  bridge.  Burnished all the pivots,  adjusted the jewels  set the shake and end shake.   And it's running real sweet . 

1478067080574-2068128519.jpg

Angry%20mob_1.jpg