Watch of Today

mk3

Woah! I love the racing holes....and that green contrast stitching is outstanding,

JC

Thanks. I'm over the moon happy with it. The guy is a musician by trade but makes these on the side.
So supple the leather. Took a while as he has loads of orders in the go and often runs out of leather samples.

Is that 6601 - 1980 ??   I Thought I had that dial in a box of extra parts , but sorry , I don't . What I have is a Seiko Sportsman on a 6602 dial with a 957 movement .  I think that caliber was used just before they started using the 6602 movement . I was trying to help you out with your grail search .

4 hours ago, ricardopalamino said:

Is that 6601 - 1980 ??   I Thought I had that dial in a box of extra parts , but sorry , I don't . What I have is a Seiko Sportsman on a 6602 dial with a 957 movement .  I think that caliber was used just before they started using the 6602 movement . I was trying to help you out with your grail search .

Yes its a 6601 its one of my on going quests in life but thanks for looking Louis.20161006_080320.jpg

Edited by Cad101

I was bored and made up a watch from some of the junk I have.  The case,  no idea,  a Seiko one and I'm not sure where I got it from. It's peculiar in that it's not a big watch but it's 22mm between the lugs.

The movement is a mix bag of the 63XX series.  I've added a whole heap of jewels,  even the main spring Arbor is now riding on a couple. Final count 25 after the original 17.

A 6309 7040 dial and hybrid hands (little aviation theme there) and  a cheapo bracelet from the parts bin.  It tested up real well and was an easy regulate.  It is ticking away just fine and doesn't look too bad. It's a wearer. 

14757877579451154906224.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Ro63rto , I set the clips in place and push on then using the fork of a spring bar removal tool .

Hi. I have modified a 1.5mm screwdriver to do that job.

What i can't seem to do is get the clips to stay in place when i go to pick up the tool.

How do you achieve this?

You have to pla e it on the pusher stem, while pressing the pusher itself. Then, let slowly the pusher go outwards until it locks the c-clip against the case. I use a small piece of rodico under the pusher so that if the tool slips it won't scratch the case and if the clip falls, it will be caught by it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ro63rto said:

Hi. I have modified a 1.5mm screwdriver to do that job.

What i can't seem to do is get the clips to stay in place when i go to pick up the tool.

How do you achieve this?

I use the same method as George Clarkson minus the rodico . It stabilizes the clip against the case .

• Like 2

On 10/14/2016 at 10:21 AM, ro63rto said:

Had to fight the hordes in Lidl today so wore one of my beaters.

I find Sector (Chronostar) to be an under appreciated brand, we don't see them very often in North America.

s-l1600.jpg

I bought this interesting Chronostar a few months ago, except for the movement and back it's all aluminium (case, crown, band).

It's rather large (it occupies as lot of wrist space) and has an unusual green tinge that you don't see well in the picture and it weighs nothing.  

Edited by MilTimeCan
  • Like 1

Today I'm wearing another modified Vostok Amphibian. SuperLuminova paddle hands, black seconds-hand and black date-wheel. Movement is a repaired automatic 2416b, 0.3 beat-error. Watch case used to be a Vostok 090 case, but modified to a 120 case. Silicon diver-strap with folding SS-clasp and a 5x luminous dots bezel-insert.

Perhaps a light coloured leather-strap will be also nice......

Vostok-diver.jpg

Edited by Endeavor
  • Like 3

On 4/22/2016 at 3:36 PM, svorkoetter said:

My Sekonda today, with Poljot 2612.1 alarm movement.

sekonda-apr-22-3.jpg

This was the first watch I ever serviced. When I received it, was running 28 minutes per day slow, amplitude was 86°, and beat error was 10ms. The acrylic crystal was also really badly scratched up. Now it's running +/-5s/d, amplitude is around 280°, and beat error around 0.5ms, and I've polished the crystal. I also recently overhauled the very stretched folded-link jubilee bracelet.

sekonda-apr-22-1.jpg

I did a write-up of the service here, http://www.stefanv.com/watches/restoring-a-russian-alarm-watch.html, and the crystal polishing here, http://www.stefanv.com/watches/polishing-an-acrylic-watch-crystal.html.

That is so perfect? I am servicing a poljot just now. And there is one piece to much in the box. When i assembled the alarm parts. Can't remember where it should be? So your turtorial was perfect. 

On April 22, 2016 at 3:36 AM, svorkoetter said:

My Sekonda today, with Poljot 2612.1 alarm movement.

sekonda-apr-22-3.jpg

This was the first watch I ever serviced. When I received it, was running 28 minutes per day slow, amplitude was 86°, and beat error was 10ms. The acrylic crystal was also really badly scratched up. Now it's running +/-5s/d, amplitude is around 280°, and beat error around 0.5ms, and I've polished the crystal. I also recently overhauled the very stretched folded-link jubilee bracelet.

sekonda-apr-22-1.jpg

I did a write-up of the service here, http://www.stefanv.com/watches/restoring-a-russian-alarm-watch.html, and the crystal polishing here, http://www.stefanv.com/watches/polishing-an-acrylic-watch-crystal.html.

Hi svorkotter , 

I am reading a post today Oct. 16 that brought up your post of April 22 .  You posted links referring to the service and crystal polishing , but you mentioned that you overhauled the Jubilee bracelet also . What did you do to accomplish that ?