Watch of Today

mk3

I haven't posted one of these for a while so I thought I had better.

This is my current favourite. 1970's Accurist diver, ETA Cal.2472, all stainless case.

2016-08-24 13.21.04.jpg

eBay score in a very tatty state but for reasonable money. All it needed was a full clean and service, relume of the hands, and a new crystal, it's now keeping great time. I can't do much about the wear on the bezel as it is not an insert, but printed directly on the aluminium but I actually quite like the "well used but not abused" air that it lends the watch.

It's on a second hand Mont Blanc stainless steel bracelet (also off the bay) which I think looks great and is extreemly comfy.

• Like 4

On October 7, 2015 at 4:16 AM, Gryf said:

Wore the Shturmanskie today - a Poljot chronograph that I've owned since it was new. It's showing some wear now, mainly the missing chrono reset stud and not much chrome left on the crown. If anybody can suggest a source for Poljot parts, I'd be grateful! I think Mark recently posted a teardown of this movement.

Gryf

0PLgBqW.jpg

Wow , You have put your watch to good use .

I have several Russian watches with this Sturmanskie being one of my favorites .

Screen shot 2015-05-14 at 4.54.42 PM.png

Screen shot 2015-05-14 at 4.54.58 PM.png

Screen shot 2015-05-14 at 4.55.59 PM.png

This Vostoc Ships clock is pretty nice. 8 day wind up and nice and heavy duty . Along side my Vostoc diver .

DSC00005.JPG

Nice, I recently serviced a "Avenger" Brietling much the same style as the first pic. The only issue was the removal of the hands as they are coated with some sort of ceramic & they were fitted really tight & one was damaged & I had to replace. However a real nice,heavy watch.

3 hours ago, Horologent said:

Saturdays gonna be a GMT day I can feel it........Time to go vintage.....1975 to be exact, man i love this dial

GMT1975.jpg

I have owned two of these beauties & wish I still had one . Now I have a boring submariner. As you can guess I love Rolex. IMG_0767.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, clockboy said:

I have owned two of these beauties & wish I still had one . Now I have a boring submariner. As you can guess I love Rolex. IMG_0767.jpg

Yeah but subs are classic, nothing boring about it my friend. Yep, the one above was my second GMT ....the first (below) was a newer Master II of course but oddly enough I like the '75 better for reasons I haven't figured yet. 

GMT11.JPG

Edited by Horologent