Watch of Today

mk3

Today I decided to wear a Rolex Date with engine turned bezel, I haven't worn this watch in some time but it used to be a daily wearer for many years. I replaced the seal on its sister yesterday and replaced the seal on this one today and so decided to wear it afterwards.

post-1462-0-81796000-1445888325_thumb.jp

Today is another Mondia day.

post-73-0-61297500-1446036345_thumb.jpg

Another eBay spares or repair bargain that had had a hard life. If you look closely you can see between the 28 and 29 minute ticks, and at the 57 minute tick there is a little blemish on the dial where a less careful tinkerer had used case clamp screws that were too long so they pushed into the back of the dial raising little bumps on the front.

• Like 1

Today I am wearing one that I am fixing for a friend. How many times has this happened to you: "Hey can you take a look at this watch for me..." 

Issue: Rust damage.

Solution: Replaced Movement, Winding stem, Crown, Second hand, COA.

Approximate cost: $75.00

Estimated Value: Hopefully more than $75....

1950's Dugena Calendar Watch FHF 72-4n Movement.

post-1540-0-82939500-1446041526_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Some nice and interesting watches above, keep them coming. The Rado is a really cool design with the scratchproof tungsten bezel, also it is good that you can wear your Dad's watch and put it to use. Most of those I have seen have the date at 6 o`clock, I have never seen one with the date at 3 before now. Thanks for sharing.

The Enicar looks almost exactly like a Rolex Datejust on a gold/ss  jubilee bracelet at quick glance except for the cyclops lens, that is what I thought it was until I looked at it closer.

Today I picked an Acqua out to wear, it does need a new band puttinbg on it though. Nothing special but I like it anyway. 

post-1462-0-59618500-1446081442_thumb.jp

Thanks for the comment Geo. That's a very nice Enicar too. What's the guitar? Looks like it's a cedar top.

I like the Acqua too mk3. It's nicely uncluttered.

Today I've gone for a Bulova.

post-73-0-82513100-1446117119_thumb.jpg

As with most of my collection this 1979 diver was an eBay SoR in need of restoration. Scuffed up case, seized bezel with nearly all the paint missing, and a mangled hair spring in the in-house 23 jewel auto wind movement.

The cosmetics were easy to sort but the hair spring was completely fubar so a doner was tracked down.

The result is one of my favourites.

• Like 1

Another Vertex Revue today, this time an "Allproof".

post-73-0-44138100-1446198159_thumb.jpg

These are really rather nice watches and in my opinion somewhat underrated.

I still have to sort out the lume on the hour hand on this but otherwise it was a pretty straight forward restoration.

• Like 1

What's the guitar?

Hi Marc, it's a "TANGLEWOOD NASHVILLE IV TND ACOUSTIC GUITAR" and the top is solid spruce. It's an economy guitar, but the sound is absolutely brilliant for the money.

Oops I forgot it's watch of the day, so it's the old Harwood today.

post-124-0-85021100-1446201151_thumb.jpe

• Like 3

Got me thinking Autowind, I haven't worn the old Chinese 'Rolex' for a while think I'll dig it out for this evening.

post-80-0-31140900-1446226838_thumb.jpg

Cant do wrist shots as mine make Guy the Gorillas look bald.

Edited by Blacklab

Some more great watches, as usual, keep them coming!

OK yesterday I was out of town and didn't get chance to post the watch of the day so today I will post both yesterday and todays choices.

I decided something a little different was in order, I'm a bigger fan of mechanical watches but still wear lots of quartz and digital just because.

Yesterday I wore a talking watch which are actually good for driving and today I wore a Basis health watch that I had repaired a few weeks ago but was awaiting a new charger, the charger for it arrived while I was out so it has only just charged up so that I could sync and wear it today. These are actually pretty cool devices.

post-1462-0-81482200-1446272154_thumb.jp

post-1462-0-07184000-1446272166_thumb.jp

Hi Marc, it's a "TANGLEWOOD NASHVILLE IV TND ACOUSTIC GUITAR" and the top is solid spruce. It's an economy guitar, but the sound is absolutely brilliant for the money.

Oops I forgot it's watch of the day, so it's the old Harwood today.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

There are some surprisingly good economy guitars out there, I have a Crafter D7 (solid cedar top on mahogany back and sides) which I picked up for peanuts at a boot sale last year and although I can't claim that it's the equal of my "posh" guitars it certainly outshines them in terms of bang for buck. The cedar top has a similar warmth to it's colour as yours does hence my question; it could just be that I need to calibrate the colour on my monitor :-)

Not wearing a watch right now but will post a WOTD in the morning.

• Like 1

After solving the issue with the balance, I've been wearing this one almost every day. She has been around for a while and shows signs of wear, but I just love her.

22133021133_0ca64ea80e_c.jpg

I need to find a new strap for it. I am considering a thick leather or perhaps a Sinn style silicone band. We shall see.

Edited by rodralph
  • Like 2

After solving the issue with the balance, I've been wearing this one almost every day. She has been around for a while and shows signs of wear, but I just love her.

22133021133_0ca64ea80e_c.jpg

I need to find a new strap for it. I am considering a thick leather or perhaps a Sinn style silicone band. We shall see.

7S26-0029 I presume? Very nice, reminiscent of the 6309 & 7002 divers. Seiko spoil you in the States, we are only allowed the 7S26-0020 with the standard circular markers in the UK.

• Like 1