Watch of Today

mk3

Today it is a CWC G10 from 2016 that I got in  bits and without a dial. I had an older T lume dial that looks very nice. The old seconds hand was broken and the hour and minutes hands we also in rough shape and didn't sit especially well on the wheels. These are a fairly close replacement and look much nicer. 

IMG_4333.thumb.jpeg.2792264923a43d96621b98b9d0e05480.jpeg

• Like 4

The watch of the day for me is my father-in-law's 1957 Bulova Sea King, not be confused with Seamasters of the same vintage lol. After he passed we had it serviced and it runs very well. 

It was given to my eldest son who wore it for awhile until he decided that 32mm was too small for his muscular early-20s shot-putter's "guns" (arms).

I keep it in the rotation on my wrist, patiently ticking away the seconds until he decides that is is cool again; maybe a few decades form now. Then it will return to him.

IMG_4341.thumb.jpeg.2922b0fd57192c0eecd9f772f9159b2b.jpeg

• Like 4

Today is my Seiko SRP777 model as a 6105 "Captain Willard" homage. Dial, hands, and coin-edge bezel. I don't wear this one during the winter because of the size and it doesn't fit under gloves very well. But I'm working form home today so is gets some wrist time.

IMG_4384.thumb.jpeg.307299ce778dd47a80c46c44947e3a8c.jpeg

• Like 3

Today is the Alsta Nautoscaph Superautomatic re-issue #36/1975. Jaws is one of those movies I can watch any time from any point and I still enjoy it. Peter Benchley was a customer at the computer store I used to work for in the early 80's. He had and Apple ///. Terrible computer but it looked cool. I really like the watch too.

IMG_4385.thumb.jpeg.d35045879c794ef339d8433ed54d6226.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PastorChris said:

Today is the Alsta Nautoscaph Superautomatic re-issue #36/1975. Jaws is one of those movies I can watch any time from any point and I still enjoy it. Peter Benchley was a customer at the computer store I used to work for in the early 80's. He had and Apple ///. Terrible computer but it looked cool. I really like the watch too.

IMG_4385.thumb.jpeg.d35045879c794ef339d8433ed54d6226.jpeg

That's an absolutely gorgeous watch and a great story. If I had a diver it would look like that.

• Like 1

The watch of today for today, a snowy Sunday late morning, when I am NOT conducting worship because of a COVID quarantine as we wait for future. test results for my 13 year old, Jake, is my CWC GS Sapphire. 

I started gravitating towards military watches and field watched in general. I was surprised that most were only 3 or 5atm water resistance and I want to be a able to swim with my watch and not worry. 

So while I still iek field watches, I wanted something a bit more "modern" and greater water resistance. Enter the GS Sapphire with the sapphire crystal, screw down crown, and 20atm resistance. Hard to go wrong in my book.

IMG_4403.thumb.jpeg.ab60f7550c47ddb9b0d6a0f5589cad48.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...