Watch of Today

mk3

8 minutes ago, ro63rto said:
12 minutes ago, FLwatchguy73 said:

Yup, and while we're at it, their Planet Ocean homage (orange bezel) too

I'm sure replica watches are verboten topics here, but I want a replica planet ocean 600m, which is an updated model to the orange bezel you like @ro63rto. Naturally, if i could afford a $5000 watch I wouldn't even consider a replica, please, no flaming.:crazysmile:

• Like 1

Most esteemed  friends...I present  to you my Mumbai  Homage. Old amphibia case with 2209 movement. A glorious  fake dial glued in place. However, unlike  most fakes you will find the 200 meter rating  is legitimate. I am sorry..I just had to.

20191203_120513.jpg

Edited by yankeedog
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, yankeedog said:

I present  to you my Mumbai  Homage.

So not so much a Faulex, more a Mumb-Lex, or perhaps a Hindoyster. Very tasty. I hope you remembered to add a little pinch of genuine Mumbia street dirt. I think the plan is to export all the dirt and leave Mumbia spotless. :P

@yankeedog I don't remember where it was when the watch came to me but it did get the full CLA treatment and has been a very sound performer ever since. Like I said, with an adjustable stud carrier sorting out the beat error was a doddle.

I too have more than my share of 87/94's, which I like very much. As you say they seem to be a pretty solid little movement, especially those with a shock protected balance.

I wouldn't like to be too harsh on their build quality though as they are of an age where they are likely to have gone across several watchmakers benches since leaving the factory of their birth, and during a period when the luxury of electronic escapement analysis was at least rather expensive, if not a dream. I can forgive a few ms error when they come to me, but in this age of supremely affordable timegraphers, I would be embarrassed to pass them on with more than 1.0ms in any position, and would aim to get that down to less than 0.5ms in any position. Can be quite challenging with a fixed stud carrier.

58 minutes ago, AndyHull said:

So not so much a Faulex, more a Mumb-Lex, or perhaps a Hindoyster. Very tasty. I hope you remembered to add a little pinch of genuine Mumbia street dirt. I think the plan is to export all the dirt and leave Mumbia spotless. :P

Thanks...I just  noticed  the dial  is slightly  out of kilter..it just  adds  to the  aura.

Today I'm wearing my recently acquired Squadron Race/Rally watch. It's powered by a Swiss, 17 Jewel, pin lever movement made by the E. Gunzinger company. From what I can tell they made identical watches branded for about a dozen different companies. All it needed when it arrived watch a timing adjustment and a Polish of the Crystal.

20191206_102407.jpg

20191206_090047.jpg

• Like 1