Watch of Today

mk3

There was so much gen-yew-whine "patina" in the Nino that it didn't run for more than 20 mins at a time (despite the assurances of recent servicing etc).  It is still a little flakey and the amplitude is lower than I would like, but it is going much better after a strip down and clean.
It also had a problem with the recycled sardine can movement ring. I had to remove one of the tabs from this, as every time you screwed the back down completely, the tab it would press on one of the bridges and bring the thing to a halt.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AndyHull said:

It also had a problem with the recycled sardine can movement ring. I had to remove one of the tabs from this, as every time you screwed the back down completely, the tab it would press on one of the bridges and bring the thing to a halt.

That's not the movement ring. That's the new and improved Indian 'hacking' upgrade. :)

5 hours ago, yankeedog said:

Genyouwine...is there a new word in the horological lexicon?

Yep, right next to the revised definition of patina. :D

1 hour ago, yankeedog said:

This came in the mail today.I have yet to service it.Tightest snap back I ever saw. A new battery and it started right up.

IMAG0655.jpg

I have one of these that works...its in my parts bin because there a broken shaft in the lug hole. Nice little electronic ticker!

J

15 minutes ago, jameswarner1011 said:

Arrived in the mail today! Very happy with this. Also got alot more. I posted them in another thread.288e04781a56d59ee64c347cb2547947.jpg5ba7910584c7ec277f48c746cf5601b7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That's very Nice .

What is written on the dial ?

Edited by ricardopalamino
  • Like 1

Love this mini Hamilton Khaki [emoji3] from the bay. A kinetic that, you guessed it needs a new capacitor. However I've had it charging on my Phillips candle charger and it is holding a charge now. No more 2 tick nonsense.d287d331abdec2d2e9dfb87f86518df3.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Todays.

Poljot alarm. Needs the alarm section looking at which is more of a head scratching exercise rather than a repair as such as the hammer fouls the regulator pin which was most likely why it was way out of beat and in excess of +500 seconds a day gain when received.

I'll see how the timekeeping goes with a test run on the wrist and address the alarm hammer and positioning later once I know the timing side is maintaining consistency.

20190511_170623.jpg

Edited by m1ks

On 5/10/2019 at 1:20 PM, yankeedog said:

This came in the mail today.I have yet to service it.Tightest snap back I ever saw. A new battery and it started right up.

Yeah I just dug up my Stellaris, and I'm beginning to think I'm missing the trick to access the movement. I don't see any edges that can accomodate a case knife or even a scalpel (which I tried). I pulled out the crown and tried to access it via the crystal but couldn't get a good enough grip to compress it. When I  look into the battery opening, I can see it reads "Nine Jewels" and I do see a seam inside, but I cannot open this case either. You said you couldn't either....:cool:

DSCN6049-min.thumb.JPG.a0c91cd34312174f3f1289c22a395298.JPGDSCN6051-min.thumb.JPG.cb1a0da6ce7c26c3696b16a8f852eeba.JPG

Edited by noirrac1j

1 minute ago, noirrac1j said:

Yeah I just dug up my Stellaris, but I cannot open this case either. You said you couldn't either....:cool:

DSCN6051-min.thumb.JPG.cb1a0da6ce7c26c3696b16a8f852eeba.JPG

What do you see with the button door unscrewed? Anything in there that might secure it?