• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Thanks watchweepole. I’ve looked for that video but no luck. If you have a link, it would be much appreciated my friend Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Hello!  I know this is a watch forum, but I believe that clock questions are also welcomed, so based on that, I hope that someone can point me in the right direction, on my question : I have a wall clock ( not old - about 30 yrs ) which has a battery powered clock 'movement' . It has a powered pendulum and two different  1/4 hour  & hour chimes ( one is the Westminster chime ) which can be selected. Anyhow, the clock is of no antique value (obviously ) but is of sentimental value. For the past few months, the hands don't turn ( or do so, now and again, randomly ) and unless they cross the 15 min. / hour marks, there is no chime. The pendulum however continues doing it's thing. Now this clock was not expensive or of any big name and the hands / chime is a small  box / battery holder. I have looked online for a replacement, and have seen some very similar looking ones, but they don't have the chime ability ( electronic chime / speaker ) . I wonder if anyone knows if such a replacement unit is available, or what the search term is for it,  and where I might look for one?  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    • Today it's the Benrus Citation electronic watch. I recently pulled this apart to clean it. It had a very tall battery in it and the hatch wasn't sealing so moisture was getting in and everything was beginning to stall. Next strap I buy, will be a replacement for this ugly thing.
    • Welcome...as a once upon a time electronics  tech whose  first computer  used mylar/ aluminum  punch tape,and whose "logic" was  clicking relays...welcome. 
    • You will have to remove that  crystal. Best way is to  push it out from the back. Then measure it's  diameter  and thickness..then order yourself  a new one. Watch some tutorials..its not hard or expensive.