Tag crown come off

does anyone know how much this would be to fix and is there anywhere special i'd need to take it or can a normal jewellers repair it? I don't know what I've done to it sorry :/ The crown has come off and a spring popped out but I couldnt find it when it fell. I'm not very knowledgable as you can see, its my first watch.

image1.JPG

You will need a new crown. Not all jewellers can do this. If you are in the UK then premier watch repairs in Bristol can help you otherwise you will need to find an authorised Tag repairer in your area as many Tag crowns are restricted in supply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hard to tell from your photo if its a simple case of the stem coming unscrewed from the crown, do you have a better photo of the crown?  I believe these are a screw down crown for water resistance, so the crown should have a clutch, if you could also get a photo showing what remains in the case tube, we can then offer more help.

I have access to TH parts, but I'm not in the UK, I'm from the UK though if that helps, I reside in Finland.

I have my tag warranty still in date, would this repair be covered on that? 

That's a question for Tag but I highly doubt they will accept it as a manufacturing fault.

any idea on how much it would cost at a jewellers?

That's a question for the jeweller. The crowns cost about £30 to £40 wholesale. What they charge to fit it and pressure test it is another thing. Sending it to a watchmaker such as I mentioned earlier will cut out the middle man. Remember, jewellers will charge a mark-up on the cost from their watchmaker or what Tag charges should they send it to them on your behalf.

I think your best bet would be to send it direct to Tag Heuer and request a repair under warranty their service centre is based in Manchester if you live in the U.K, you can request a repair online then ship your watch to them, they will even send out a shipping kit to your home address in order for you to safely send the watch, the whole process from sending to progress of repair can be tracked online.

http://customer-service.tagheuer.com/en-gb/home

If not in the U.K you need to find the service centre in your country.

My feeling is they would treat this as a warranty repair but you would be notified if they wont and told how much the repair will be.

• Like 2

That's a question for Tag but I highly doubt they will accept it as a manufacturing fault.

Hi, I don't want to get involved in the watch side of this, except to say if you are in the Uk and that part has failed during warranty period, if the manufacturer (tag) will not play ball then discuss making a claim under 'latent defect'. You will be surprised how many corporations soon give you their full attention and you will soon get satisfaction. Look up 'latent defect claim' on google for more information. Good luck and I hope it helps

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...