Looking for anvil plate for K&D Inverto 17 staking tool

robmack

Hi,

I'm looking for the anvil plate ONLY for a K&D Inverto 17 staking tool. The anvil plate I currently have on my Inverto 17 seems not to be original, because there are holes spread over the plate, that some of the holes don't line up to the arm and there is no hole large enough to accept a stake in the inverted position. I am not too fussy on condition of the plate so long as it is serviceable.

58HZXU68SC_HQEtr2z8G9H7SA6niKu64FqwvvxNR

Thanks Stephen.  

I first thought about just machining the current plate so I took the tool to a local machine shop and asked.  He said that the current anvil is not machinable because it is hardened. I never asked whether it could be annealed, machined and then rehardened.

I had also thought about the "construct a new plate" option.  I know someone who is a mechanical designer and can build me a model in SolidWorks, that can then be prototyped.  I'm not sure if the resulting object can be hardened sufficiently though.  In the end, it might be cheaper to find another Inverto 17 with the proper anvil layout.

I know Larry and will ask him.

• 3 months later...

Hi James,

Thank you for your kind offer to help.  This problem is sorted for me.  I made contact with a local watchmaker who was able to supply me with a new staking tool.  His price was significantly cheaper than machining a new plate, although the latter would have been an interesting challenge.