Record Watch

TheFixer

Got hold of this very nice Record Watch with call 6112 handwind movement, beating at 28000bpm

No plate loss 20 microns, gave the case and dial a clean and polished the crystal then fitted a nice ostrich grain leather strap.

Any info on the movement greatly appreciated.

These Watches are very underated in my opinion and may eventually go up in value.

large.IMGP0944.JPG.99a3909df388b6bcf4921

large.IMGP0950.JPG.9ea1a1de1457ca3b38b6b

large.IMGP0923.JPG.f837384e53e17c6422d1d

large.IMGP0953.JPG.a1e29248ae25790a49a4a

• Like 2

that is a beautiful watch. i've looked at a few record watches, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

i noticed this on the ranfft site. i've never heard of this function. what is it's purpose?

Remarks
micrometer regulator
If the crown is pulled, the second hand continues running to the zero position and then stops.

7 hours ago, ramrod said:

that is a beautiful watch. i've looked at a few record watches, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

i noticed this on the ranfft site. i've never heard of this function. what is it's purpose?

Remarks
micrometer regulator
If the crown is pulled, the second hand continues running to the zero position and then stops.

Aloha Ramrod , It sounds like a variation of the hacking mechanism on my Glycine Airman where the crown is pulled and the second hand continues to the 12/24 or zero position . On the Glycine , a tiny wire comes out of the dial at the 12 position and physically stops the second hand until the crown is pushed back in . 

I believe the micro regulator is the fine adjustment screw that regulates the timing of the hairspring ....as can be seen in the last photo of the Ranfft link provided by clock boy.

The Hamilton Electric uses a micro regulator for fine adjustment on their Railroad Special .

58b92b315c7c6_ScreenShot2017-03-02at10_36_12PM.png.88ebb69a23c034a4dc6086c5779379a4.png