Finding The Right Sized Battery For A Bolova

So I was given a Bulova watch from a friend and it needs a battery, the problem is there was no battery in the watch.  It looked like it might of been a 377 and so I tried it but it was slightly too big (battery) and too tall.

The movement says Bulova 7292-  tried searching and couldn't find a tech sheet or really any info.

Should I just use calipers and find something close?

Daniel

Did you try Energizer 392? It might fit. (Alternatively, 364 and 369 are one size below and above respectively). They all have the same electrical specs it is just the size that changes. Good luck, hope this helps.

Robert

Check it out but think that particular watch has a Miyota movement probably 98B-131.  A lot of those Citizen/Miyotas use SR927 which would be a Renata 399 equivalent.

Got most of the beers off your list thanks - most nutritious (:-))

Cheers,

Vic

It looked like it might of been a 377 and so I tried it but it was slightly too big (battery) and too tall.

377 being slightly to big & to tall (thick?) leaves 379, 317 or 335 in order of popularity.

Hello Dan,

Had a bit time on my hands and judging by all the many and varied responses you got from me included I think we have successfully managed to cloud the issue.  I found yet another reference that suggests the 394 is the correct battery ! complicating matters further.

Given all that has gone previously,I still think that 98B-131 was correct fot the 7292 and if it is a "Marine Star" then here are two links, one will get the new battery for 5 Bucks and the other is a re setting data sheet for the watch.

Hope this helps and sorry if I have confused the issue.

https://www.bigapplewatch.com/battery.asp?prod=battery&watchnumber=BULOVA%2098b131

http://www.retrevo.com/support/Bulova-98B131-Watches-manual/id/24039dj893/t/2/

Cheers, Vic