Is This Seiko A Fake?

• 4 weeks later...

Went to register but looks like he doesn't take PayPal, only credit cards. I paid mine off 2 years ago and then cut them up. Couldn't trust myself anymore after racking up a huge debt.

Oh well, have to get my brother to register. Was hoping to get the watch sorted before he came back from Crete.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Question.

Normally, on such a sealed waterproof case, the stem is in two parts so gets pulled out.

This one has a screw on crown, so no two part stem.

How do I take the stem out to replace its gasket???

Probably like my Tissot Seastar 7............. A REALLY GOOD PULL!

Probably like my Tissot Seastar 7............. A REALLY GOOD PULL!

Looks like you are correct.

Weird though, when you order a crown, that's all you get.

Last time I bought a split stem, the crown had the male part attached.

Seiko case guide detail

Screenshot_2015-05-10-08-47-07.png

Remove the crystal from the rubber gasket.

The rubber gasket will now be exposed and you should be able to replace the gasket without removing the crown.

Should you need to remove the crown, look into the gap between the dial and the case. You should see the little push piece in the gap.. I believe the crown needs to be out for the push piece to come into view but I may be wrong...try all positions if you don't see it. You need a slender rod to ally pressure while simultaneously tugging on the crown, I used a fine needle.

HTH!

Anil

Remove the crystal from the rubber gasket.

The rubber gasket will now be exposed and you should be able to replace the gasket without removing the crown.

Should you need to remove the crown, look into the gap between the dial and the case. You should see the little push piece in the gap.. I believe the crown needs to be out for the push piece to come into view but I may be wrong...try all positions if you don't see it. You need a slender rod to ally pressure while simultaneously tugging on the crown, I used a fine needle.

HTH!

Anil

Hi Anilv,

I only need to change crown/stem gasket.

Crystal gasket already swapped along with NOS crystal.

There is no space around the dial to see setting lever.

20150509_140808.jpg

By the pic in the case guide it looks like design is split stem.

Try gently lifting the edge while turning the crown? I usually turn them over and hold the case in my fingers, when the crown/stem aligns the movement just drops into my palm. This works for some types.

Anil

Try gently lifting the edge while turning the crown? I usually turn them over and hold the case in my fingers, when the crown/stem aligns the movement just drops into my palm. This works for some types.

Anil

Dial won't move much but I'll try the turning it upside down trick.

Thanks.

• 7 months later...

Where did you manage to get the gasket from in the end? Am looking for one myself.

I got it from Spencer Klein in Colorado but took aaaages.

Try sending an email to Adrian over at VTA in Australia. Very nice guy and always helpful. I now buy my reproduction gaskets from him. Perfect match and very good prices. Only takes 5 days to UK.

Edited by ro63rto
  • Like 1