Cleaning a Hamilton Railroad Grade 18S

It's a 940. It went to the Hamilton Finishing Department on 25th January, 1913, and was part of the 8,000 run of the grade in that year. There were 210,596 of the 940s produced in all. It's an 18s size with 21 jewels, lever setting, micrometer regulator and Breguet hairspring. And the dial should be double-sunk if it's the original.

Oh - and adjusted to 5 positions! Lovely watches. Now you can tell your friend all about it!

• Like 1

It's a 940. It went to the Hamilton Finishing Department on 25th January, 1913, and was part of the 8,000 run of the grade in that year. There were 210,596 of the 940s produced in all. It's an 18s size with 21 jewels, lever setting, micrometer regulator and Breguet hairspring. And the dial should be double-sunk if it's the original.
Oh - and adjusted to 5 positions! Lovely watches. Now you can tell your friend all about it!

Pocketwatchdatabase:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Absolutely! I've followed this database since I got my very first US pocket watch, and watched the information and scope grow and grow. It's an excellent resource.:thumbsu:

I need him to Will it to me:)

Nah - you should have told him it wasn't mendable and then offered him a few quid for it! ^_^

Jdrichard I actually stumbled on on these videos yesterday while cruising YouTube and thought the name looked familiar. Great videos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey thanks. I also put up music and Magic videos. Too many hobbies.

Hey thanks. I also put up music and Magic videos. Too many hobbies.

I hear that! My YouTube subscriptions consist entirely of watches, woodworking, and fishing. Now if only I could find a little bit of time for all of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1