Hacking Partially Engaged? Serious Issue?

Hello,

I have a watch with a screw down crown and hacking feature.The watch is NOS about 5 years old and it is an automatic watch and I've noticed when I unscrew the crown, change the time, and screw it back the balance wheel/balance spring stops and starts, doesn't move or moves very slowly. When I move it about a bit it starts moving slowly for a while then stops, when I tilt it it moves but slowly. At first I thought there must have been dust within the movement, but when I unscrewed the crown and fiddled with it a bit, pulled it all the way out to change the hands and pushed it back in and screwed it back the balance wheel works as normal, whether I move it about or not it moves as it should. Is there something wrong with the watch? is it time for a service? Is this a serious issue? Should I stop using the watch until it is fixed?

Thanks for reading and I hope someone could answer, sorry if it's all jumbled up I'm not sure how to explain it.

5 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

The description of your watch has the signs of needing a service. The longer you leave it the more ware can happen, it sounds very dry. 

Thank you for that, I accidentally, winded it for a fully about 4 times. Hopefully no damange is done and I'll get it serviced ASAP.