Omega Geneva Dynamic case problems

Paul78

Hi all, 

im having a bit of an issue with the above watch. The crown (female end) is constantly sliding off the male end as the movement has a little bit of play inside the case which is a on earth piece - access is via the front by removing the glass  

The customer who brought it in had dropped it and it came to pieces so I'm not sure if he's lost a piece - like some kind of movement ring to secure the movement.  

There are two case screws with lugs on the back which are fine, and the case has a couple of slots which they go into then you have to turn the movement into position. But the problem is once the glass is back on etc the movement is able to turn slightly, allowing the male and female end to slide apart. 

Any ideas?

thanks for any help. 

Has the case got a half moon shaped cut out where the case tube sits, the movement should have a plastic half moon shaped spacer near the stem that fits into the slot near the case tube if that is missing then the movement will move about in the case ?

• Like 1

Are you a member of the NAWCC web site, if not join because this link has a full expilnation of the problem you have and the possible causes,

http://mb.nawcc.org/showthread.php?111408-Omega-Dynamic-movement-wobbles-in-case

If you are not a member of the site you will not be able to view the pictures,

Wayne

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, wls1971 said:

Has the case got a half moon shaped cut out where the case tube sits, the movement should have a plastic half moon shaped spacer near the stem that fits into the slot near the case tube if that is missing then the movement will move about in the case ?

Hi Wayne, I'm not a member no, but will take a look. I tried to attach some photos to show you but can't because of the upload image size limit. There is definitely no half moon shaped spacer though.

1 hour ago, Paul78 said:

So I see what you mean, after reading the article it's called a wedge and is part number 0920001BL.

ive checked cousinsuk and no such part with them. Looks like I maybe a little stuck with this one! 

Probably that is what was wrong the dynamic i had also? the one with the one-piece stem. That movement was very loose in the case? 

As i remember i have read somewhere on Omegar forums abut that small plastic part? Someone called Archer said that they are impossible to find? 

https://omegaforums.net/threads/did-i-buy-a-donut.23123/

Edited by rogart63
  • Like 1

Just now, wls1971 said:

What is the calibre of movement in the watch ?

It's the 565, exactly the same as the one in the link you posted. I'm just wondering if I can make one somehow using a plastic spacer. But it's so small!

the cousins web site list the stem and wedge as :

Spacer Wedge For Stem, Blue ( 550.01 ), Omega 550 Series & 1000

suggesting that the part also fits the 1000 series movements as well, the part is listed as restricted i.e due to Omegas rather **BLEEP**y new policy not available,

Cousins does list part number X28249 stem with wedge, I think this is for a calibre 1020 maybe someone with more omega knowledged would know whether this part will fit your watch as the 565 listing would suggest  that it will,

I dont know whether Cousins would know the answer if you sent them a E-mail

otherwise as you suggest it may be easy enough to fabricate,

Wayne

I wouldnt think it would be on the 565 paperwork because I think its classed as a case part and not a movement part.

I remember reading the article ages ago on the NAWCC web site so had a good idea it would be the wedge missing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wls1971 said:

Are you a member of the NAWCC web site, if not join because this link has a full expilnation of the problem you have and the possible causes,

http://mb.nawcc.org/showthread.php?111408-Omega-Dynamic-movement-wobbles-in-case

If you are not a member of the site you will not be able to view the pictures,

Wayne

Well , i'm not a member on nawcc and i can see some pictures....

Edited by SeikoWatch

It depends how they are uploaded to the article if they are shown as attachments it will display a thumbnail picture and when you click on it as a non member it will just bring up the login page and not show a larger picture, anyone who love clocks and watches should join anyway and of course this site.

so i ordered this part -  Cousins does list part number X28249 stem with wedge, and can confirm it is NOT the part required, its just a stem with quite a fat section, i assume this is whats referred to as the wedge!

back to the drawing board.

15 hours ago, rodabod said:

Have you got the correct tension ring crystal? Often the rings in these actually bind against the dial surface.

yeh ordered a new crystal first, hoping this would solve the problem, but it didnt - still moves.