New tool received from Boley

SSTEEL

• 1 year later...
On 13/02/2017 at 1:39 PM, Geo said:

Hi Micky, I have a couple of hand presses.  The old one is a twin station version of the press you have and is built like a brick sh** house; the second single station press is more lightweight.

Both of these give a huge amount of feel when fitting hands, but I have made adjustments to the single stage one to give great sensitivity and feel. The anvil fitted to this press is made of high density polythene and prevents the movement being marked.

The small anvil, Bergeon 5409 is a great addition.  It has a centre pin that rises to support the bottom pinion when pressing hands on.  This eliminates the possibility of moving the bottom jewel during the process.  It is not suitable for all movements though.

IMG_3088.JPG

IMG_3095.JPG

IMG_3096.JPG

IMG_3097.JPG

Geo, are you able to tell me the diameter of the bottom plate recess on that bergeon press, is the 5409 a perfect fit? Also what diameter are the holes that the two pushers go through? I'm looking at buying the tool but will need to find/make some pushers for it!

Many thanks!