szbalogh

Replacing jewel in a rubbed type setting using my "lathe"

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Just as a curiousity here is the tools recommended by ETA the bearing tool and some others..
    • Thanks all but the price of the Horotec tool is a bit prohibitive... I have managed to free it with a very sharp piece of peg wood in one of the cut outs and push it round..The bearing is OK its just that the balance needs some work and you cant remove it with the rotor in place.
    • To remove the beaing you need a special tool but just to remove the rotor you just take of the three screws holding the automatic mechanism, turn it around and unscrew three small screws on the underside and the rotor gets loose.. Could take a couple of shots for you if you wish..
    • Blimey, I see what you mean. What you've got there would appear to be two French-made Framelac pin-levers, a movement maker about which very little seems to be recorded. I've attached an image from the Uhrforum.de of the jewelled-lever FR 304 for comparison of the bridge configuration (similar) and the shape of the balance cock (identical). 
    • Strange. And the setting lever is turned the right way up? Can't see on the picture.