1 hour ago, Hiren said:

Where is the best place to sell one? I'm not into the eBay thing their fees are horrific!

In my experience although eBay seems pricey it is still the best to sell or buy. The reason is it has a massive amount of followers. I have tried other sellers such as "preloved"etc but I found  them poor to say the least.

Yeah. I think eBay it is. It's a shame I can't sell it here or on other forums. At least you know it's going to a proper enthusiast who's part of a nice community.

I'm also reluctant in parting with it as it belonged to my dad. Sadly he passed away with motor neurone disease on 1st july so still suffering from the loss.

Might hold on to it for a bit longer even though I'm not using it....

I was told by the guy who restored my "L&R  Vari-Matic" that it ultra sonic cleans in all three baskets while washing. The new watch cleaning machines (£3000 +) only ultra sonic the first basket & many Elma machines wash only.
@clockboy
Would you share whom you use to restore your L&R machine? I have two really three that I want restored? If it no worries I am reaching out to a guy in Texas too.
Hary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7-8-2017 at 3:32 PM, Hiren said:

Yeah. I think eBay it is. It's a shame I can't sell it here or on other forums. At least you know it's going to a proper enthusiast who's part of a nice community.

I'm also reluctant in parting with it as it belonged to my dad. Sadly he passed away with motor neurone disease on 1st july so still suffering from the loss.

Might hold on to it for a bit longer even though I'm not using it....

A shame you cannot sell it here?....its a clear policy you must have read before signing up. I think you are just trying to find a buyer here. There are loads of fora to sell it

A shame you cannot sell it here?....its a clear policy you must have read before signing up. I think you are just trying to find a buyer here. There are loads of fora to sell it
Of course I read the policy! But there's no harm in asking if people know of dedicated forums or auctions for professional equipment is there?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Gary said:

@clockboy
Would you share whom you use to restore your L&R machine? I have two really three that I want restored? If it no worries I am reaching out to a guy in Texas too.
Hary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The guy I used was Graham Baxter to be found @ http://www.delphelectronics.co.uk/services.html