Ingersol case replating

No doubt my post will be moved .

Any way many years ago i had a nickle plating kit, all bought over the internet.
I got pretty good with it, on rough and worn out cases, anything that was made of brass.

I was given a Ingersol Yankee pocket watch, not worth anything at all , even the dial was torn, i wish i had done some before pictures.
After i cleaned serviced the movement, polished out the worst of the marks, it was starting to look not too shaby.
I Copied another dial i had on my scanner, printed it out on sticky backed gloss paper ,i was impressed, dam good even if i say so my self.

This was all 10 + years ago & ive still got the pocket watch, picture attached , i hope , what has surprised me is i have never had to polish it, i
remember it being a bright nickel plating compound.

Has anyone else had any sucsess with there own home plating , i would love to know what you are all using & where to get it nowa days.

Does anyone else have any pictures of their pocket watch cases they have restored.

ingersol.JPG

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...