Landeron 48 restoration project, attempt #2

I demagnetized the movement and adjusted the hair-spring as good as I could. Tested it Dial UP & Dial Down;

Dial Up;

LanderonAS-DU.PNG.df17526998b4a3e7e44ee94eab4855a8.PNG

Dial Down;

LanderonAS-DD.PNG.6a92665f00947826545a17f868274e07.PNG

Not sure if the "off line" dots are interference picked up by the W.O.S, but it's getting better .....

With my limited amount of handtools available, I can do no more for the Landeron and decided it was time to separate roads. It's back together again, all chronograph functions are working fine and it kept fairly good time during a 12hrs test with dial up. From a none-runner to a runner....... that's at least something :)

I hope somebody will pick it up from where it came from and is able to give this Landeron the last push it needs for a 2nd life;

LDR-01-small.jpg.d18f849ccb4b05105ff7d0829a4f0de0.jpg

LDR-02-small.jpg.1eb58f9d2da9c3d34da25777791e6331.jpg

I hope you enjoyed reading this restoration attempt as much as I did working on it ;)

Regards: Roland.

Edited by Endeavor
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/25/2017 at 11:28 AM, RyMoeller said:

Ah yes, the Esembl-O-Graf.  I have the complete collection in hardback and I use them on just about every chronograph repair.

Deviating a bit off topic... I did a little internet research a while back on William O. Smith Sr. who put together the Esembl-O-Graf collection for his watchmaking school, the Western Pennsylvania Horological Institute (I was interested in the American connection since there seem to be no examples of actual US made chronographs). Unfortunately the watchmaker school is no longer around but it looks like watchmaking still runs in the family.

AR-306179375.jpg

I think I'll be needing this soon, so I'm going to print it out. Thanks @RyMoeller.

J

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 6:33 PM, Endeavor said:

(the collet was too close so I couldn't get the hands levers underneath).

Hi Endeaver, con-grats on your first chrono :Bravo: as for not getting your hand levers under the collet you don't have to, if you put a small screwdriver in the collet slit so that it opens up the collet a bit and rotate the collet while pulling up it will come off you will reduce hairspring damage :biggrin:

@BUSAKAZ; thank you for your help ;) The Landeron was begin 2017 and I sold it. I went onto other chrono's, most of them recorded under the header "repair & service walkthroughs"; Poljot 3133, the Poljot 31659 and the Omega 861 Speedmaster. Learned a few tricks since B)

3 minutes ago, Endeavor said:

@BUSAKAZ; thank you for your help ;) The Landeron was begin 2017 and I sold it. I went onto other chrono's, most of them recorded under the header "repair & service walkthroughs"; Poljot 3133, the Poljot 31659 and the Omega 861 Speedmaster. Learned a few tricks since B)

Iv got a 3017 and love it keeps perfect time .....