atimegoneby

Watch glass adhesive ?

Question

10 answers to this question

I've found that the G&S glue doesn't really work very well for crystals, it doesn't create a strong enough bond. I usually only use the hypo cement for re-gluing dial markers, date windows, etc. I would recommend a two part epoxy. I personally use the Devcon 5 minute epoxy - it dries clear and creates a strong bond.

Hypo cement is best for acrylics that dont have quite enough tension on their own, or if there's any other concern about the sealing. For mineral I suggest Seiko cement, it's very high performance, and dries clear (even though the hardening agent first makes it yellow) has to be left for 12 hours or so but maybe you don't want to buy and store one of those UV light boxes for baking the glass in (which I assume is necessary, but I might get told otherwise). and maybe time is not of the essence, in that case Seiko cement is ideal.

Edited by Ishima

Thanks for all your help guys,

it's interesting to hear of other peoples techniques and which ones are more successful than others,

I was going to use GS hypo cement but now I may use the Seiko and perhaps invest in a UV lamp at a later date.

Thanks again.  :)