TW Steel Problem

Vich

Hello Folks,

I have attached a PDF containing pictures and explanations outlining my action thus far on a problem with a watch that my neighbour is having problems with.  It is a quartz movement in a pricey (for what it is)TW Steel case and the Crown Cap has become seized.  I have tried judicious localised heat first already to no avail and would be grateful for suggestions that don't include relocation of the watch either within mine or the owners anatomy.

If nothing else it has made me realise how much I prefer mechanicals.

In case it is useful here is the PDF on the movement as well

draw_0S20.pdf

And here is the query

Just before Christmas my neighbour asked me to look at his watch as the crown cap was seized together and he was unable to reveal the crown to check and adjust the watch.pdf

Cheers,

Vic

Thanks for the heads up, I misread the PDF.  Don't think the stem will come out though because of the linkage, may have to snip it.  Will have a shot anyway.

Cheers,

Vic

Edited by Vich

Despite all those details i'm confused so forgive me If I say anything that goes without saying, but I want to make sure we're on the same page.

With this watch, you have to first unscrew the crown cap and it will swing around in the direction of 6'clock on the little latch around the chrono reset button, then you have the actual crown exposed underneath, then you can then press on the setting lever and release, If the crown cover is completely stuck it is stuck via the thread on the outside of the case, not by the movement. 

Edited by Ishima

Hello Ishima,
It seems that the crown cover is not attached by anything to the watch case at present. From the first photo in the manual it appears that the stem tube which should be fitted into the case and upon which the base of the crown cap should be firmly attached to the case,has come out and is up inside the cap. The piece of the cap that screws onto it has seized fast to the cap itself. So It seems like the stem tube is threaded to screw the bottom piece plus the cap onto it but the whole lot is just turning and is off the case.
The tube must be threaded to screw into the case as well as there is nothing else to hold the bottom part of the cap assembly. Quite a sticky one this.

70ca75ff73d4ac4254f04ea75b960020.jpg

Thanks for your interest as well.
Cheers,
Vic

Hello Ishima, tried that but the latch seems to be rivetted but made to look like screws.  I could be wrong but I put a fair bit of force on one with two Bergeon screwdrivers a d don't want to strip the slot.

Cheers,

Vic