Crystal Replacement

CLS

Hello,

I've been drafted to try to replace my brothers crystal with a sapphire one and also replace the battery/capacitor. I believe I have all the tools from my last project and I've watched some videos, etc. I was wondering if there is anything I should know before I go to ordering the parts.

Please and Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

In case anyone in search stumbles across this: Evidently they don't have a "factory" sapphire for this model of watch and if I ordered one it would be to my specs, custom; I was afraid to spend that much money on the word of my cheap calipers. I ended up just submitting a form and getting a mineral glass replacement from Esslinger.com. And the dimensions are: 29.30 x 1.35

Furthermore, the "battery" (capacitor I think it's called) was junk, or so I thought. I got a new one and it still doesn't run so I don't know whats up there. I will update if I ever get that figured out.

5 hours ago, CLS said:

Furthermore, the "battery" (capacitor I think it's called) was junk, or so I thought. I got a new one and it still doesn't run so I don't know whats up there. I will update if I ever get that figured out.

There is a small chance that the rechargeable battery doesn't have enough charge. Try a regular  battery, if still no go, the mov.t is failed.